New Marlins

Chiappa, Marlin, Mossberg and non-Rossi Manufactured Pumas plus anything else with a leveraction.
Ohio3Wheels
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

New Marlins

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

How are the latest crop of Marlins? Talking about the ones coming out the door today. Any endemic problems to speak off?

Make smoke,
Curt... makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time Image
Missionary
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: New Marlins

Post by Missionary »

Good morning
Over on Marlin Owners have read a couple good reports on a couple Remlins recently purchased. Info said fit and finish was good and all seemed to function fine.
Me I would still wait. Very old saying down here "Never be first and never be last". When there is a solid track record that would be a good indicator. I waited for the Chappi 1876 rifles to get well into good reports before buying a 50-95 in the 4000 serial #. The one I got works perfect and with cases of 3F under my 350 cast will shoot under under 3" at 100 yards off cross sticks.
Mike in Peru
Way down south in Arequipa, Peru till June 2020.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

What are you interested in? Just curious.
Michael
Ohio3Wheels
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

Considering a 44 Mag. Would really like a rifle with full octagonal barrel. I saw such a beastie at the gun show last Friday and now I don't remember if it was a Marlin or a Rossi, looked at far too many guns. Just at the lookin' and wishin' stage right now.

Make smoke,
Curt... makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time Image
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

I suspect the Rossi is easier to come by than the Marlin.

http://www.marlinfirearms.com/Firearms/ ... 45Colt.asp

I own the SS Rossi .44 Octagonal. Considered buying the matching blued gun at the shop I hang out at. It ended up getting marked down a mite before it left but someone got it before I got interested enough to grab it. Since I had the SS model I was looking harder for the 20" RB than another Octagonal in the same caliber I already had.