Rossi 44 Magnum Revolver

Rossi's classic designs for home and self defense, hunting, or range work.
Buckeye!

Re: Rossi 44 Magnum Revolver

Post by Buckeye! »

I have one coming in hopefully next week ...its slightly used..newish....was looking for a Taurus Talo edition or a 4 inch barreled Tracker ..but this little black beauty made itself available ..and a little bit of encouragement from Range Dog ....pushed on over the hump ....he compared one to his Talo edition and thinks rather highly of it...

I'll post pics ...when she arrives
Buckeye!

Post by Buckeye! »

I wish they would have left the three inch barrels on the Rossi 44 ...heck 3in barreled revolvers sell so good....
and they would have looked a little bit like the Astra 44 used by Clooney in "Dusk til Dawn !!"

Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Buckeye! wrote:I wish they would have left the three inch barrels...
Personally, I'm a guy that likes 2" barrels for conceal carry.
Michael
Buckeye!

Post by Buckeye! »

Well got it today.....once again thanks Range Dog ..for the info. and helping with encouraging me with this purchase ..

Very happy with the fit and finish ..%@*&$ off my neighbor with a few rounds in my Ole Oak tree.. my gosh point of aim ..is great 2inches high at 25 ft ..with slightly reduced loads of 44 Mag and sent a couple of 240gr 44spl. also....surprised with very controllable recoil...Wow but had to be the loudest handgun I've ever fired...

Carried concealed tonight ,rode high and close in one of my S&W K holsters...must say so far very pleased ,overall quality is great.. good trigger ... +1
Buckeye!

Post by Buckeye! »

Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Yes, it is an awesome handgun. Did the measurememts, same as Taurus M44C.
Michael
Buckeye!

Post by Buckeye! »

Not surprised .. forcing cone to end of barrel shroud is 2.5 inches.. the barrel is slightly recessed , so actual barrel length is closer to 2.30 - 2.40 but , the shroud being longer than the barrel protects the crown of the barrel....
Buckeye!

Post by Buckeye! »

This revolver would be a great choice for winter conceal carry..with heavy loaded 44 Spl. ..or lighter loaded 44 Mag.....also for hiking / fishing / camping ,in areas where you have Black Bear , people who think Black Bear are not dangerous ..,don't know Black Bear..., Black Bear are getting more and more populated ..thus are not afraid of man..I've been chased by several young boar Black Bear... its not to fun.......some of the area ..I tromp ..looking for Wild Black Berries , Goose berries and , Huckle berries put me in the exact area Black Bears are ..just 8 miles from my house a 465 Lb BB was taken....
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Buckeye! wrote:This revolver would be a great choice for winter conceal carry..with heavy loaded 44 Spl. ..or lighter loaded 44 Mag.....also for hiking / fishing / camping ,in areas where you have Black Bear , people who think Black Bear are not dangerous ..,don't know Black Bear..., Black Bear are getting more and more populated ..thus are not afraid of man..I've been chased by several young boar Black Bear... its not to fun.......some of the area ..I tromp ..looking for Wild Black Berries , Goose berries and , Huckle berries put me in the exact area Black Bears are ..just 8 miles from my house a 465 Lb BB was taken....
Personally, I shoot it as a heavy loaded self defense 44 Mag using my TLC432-300-RF. I favor it or my 450 for the more remote places I travel or the border counties.

I know this was a special run revolver for Academy but Braztech could really put their Rossi revolvers in if they introduced this 44 along with a Rossi version of the Taurus 450, no .410, straight, appropriate cylinder for the 45 Colt in a modern self defense revolver.
Michael
Buckeye!

Post by Buckeye! »

I agree with the 45 Colt Rossi...if Taurus or" Big "T" as referred at a LGS" (there posed to all but take over small arms production as we speak) if they can produce a Small Frame Public Defender UL ..why can't they produce a compact frame 45 Colt ...never have they been more ammo options for the 45 Colt ..I mean from Cowboy to Brown Bear loads,,,and super Hi-Tech SD loads..all for the outdated ? 45 Colt

I'd love to see a 4in Barreled Tracker in 45 Colt... and the 450 reproduced...I'm getting back into large bore handguns...I told my nephew ,when he asked why I go heeled, I told him ..son , I go heeled because I'm to slow to run, and to old to fight...!
Old and slow ..reminds me of the 45 Colt....I'm old and slow ..but can still get the job done ..a heck of'a lot better than these young fast guys ...
Thats what the 45 Colt would say ...if it could speak ..more than six times... +guns