Interesting Prototype Rossi .44 Magnum

Rossi's classic designs for home and self defense, hunting, or range work.
BigIron44

Interesting Prototype Rossi .44 Magnum

Post by BigIron44 »

I was doing some research tonight and ran across this bit in a Taffin article,
Two prototypes that never saw production are very interesting. The first is a .44 Magnum TripleLock from Rossi of Brazil. This was a very good looking four-inch .44 Magnum with a vent rib barrel and a cylinder that locked fore, aft, and also at the front of the cylinder. This sixgun also had smooth wood stocks that looked much like the Skeeter Skelton style now offered by BluMagnum. Whoever designed this .44 understood sixguns. Where is it now?
Here's the original article

Here's the article.

Here's an example of the type of grips that were mentioned.

This sounds like it would make a great companion to the R92 in .44 Magnum, does anybody have any pics of the prototype or know anything more about it?
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Interesting Prototype Rossi .44 Magnum

Post by Ranch Dog »

Interesting read.

Is anyone heading to Academy today for the Rossi 44 Mag Revolver they are listing?

R44102.jpg
[/url]

RossiUSA does not list any 44 Mags in the lineup. This is a blued version of a Talo/Taurus special run that was available through Davidison's. That offering was a matte SS finish and whoever new conceal carry defensive revolvers did an outstanding job designing the pistol. That special buy was cost me right at $550!

Even though I have the M44C, I must say that I was very tempted to show up at Academy and buy this revolver.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Michael
rfroy

Post by rfroy »

I have never looked at a Taurus revolver are the any good?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

rfroy wrote:I have never looked at a Taurus revolver are the any good?
I do not shoot ANY THING else!!
Michael
rfroy

Post by rfroy »

Really. Any chance of doing a write up on one of them with round count. How are the. 22's?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

rfroy wrote:Really. Any chance of doing a write up on one of them with round count. How are the. 22's?
I've written about them on TaurusArmed.net but will get to it here when I have some more time, after hunting season. I do not have any 22RF handguns.
Michael
rfroy

Post by rfroy »

I will go there and look them up

Thanks

Post by 0369 »

I wish I could find a 450 for a decent price. I can't believe they quit making it and don't make a 4" version with the demand for the Ruger and no product available.
Zippidydoodah

Post by Zippidydoodah »

Didn't Tarus buy Rossi outright and so market all the current Rossi products.
I don't know if they rebranded any Rossi handguns to Tarus, but they have made a lot of big bore pistols like the 45-70 and 22 hornet,etc some had long barrels
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Zippidydoodah wrote:Didn't Tarus buy Rossi outright and so market all the current Rossi products.
I don't know if they rebranded any Rossi handguns to Tarus, but they have made a lot of big bore pistols like the 45-70 and 22 hornet,etc some had long barrels
As I understand it, Braztech is the parent organization of Taurus and Rossi. Some Taurus handguns are now made in the US but all the Rossi products are still made at the Rossi facility in Brazil. That facility is at a different location than the Taurus facility. As far as I know, Rossi has only made the lighter handguns, the 44 Mag mentioned in my previous post was a departure from their work and unique as they took a Taurus design and manufactured it in the Rossi facility (with a longer barrel for import), and once at the Braztech facility, remanufactured it for sale. I believe this is the first product that truly involved all three manufacturing facilities and it is quite amazing that it was done at the price point it was offered! This shows how lethal a competitor Braztech can be. If the Freedom Group deal is in fact real, you will see a lot of flag waving from the competition but the bottom line is that we, the individual gun owner, will benefit.

This is only my summation of things and others might have more insight into the organization.
Michael