Rear Sight on 97104

Rossi's classic designs for home and self defense, hunting, or range work.
BadMonk

Rear Sight on 97104

Post by BadMonk »

Picked up a new 971 a few months. I liked the gun from the start and it continues to grow on me, except for the rear sight. Basically, it's unstable and easily moves left and right...and stays in a slightly tilted position. In addition, the sight's leafs are slightly tilted in the (tilted) sight. It's hard to see until you try to sight it in, then you notice it's not squared up. It's not horribly bent or anything but it's enough to bother my old eyes when sighting it.

Anyone have any experience with this? Any ideas how to stabilize and/or square up the sight and leafs?
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Rear Sight on 97104

Post by Ranch Dog »

Can you take and post a picture of the sight?
Michael
BadMonk

Re: Rear Sight on 97104

Post by BadMonk »

So, I sent the revolver back to Rossi to have them check it out. I could be mistaken but thought the form said it will take eight weeks. Well, it arrived today by FedEx about 2 1/2 weeks from sending it in. Although I haven't taken it to the range, it appears they did a good job. Firearm was returned in a black lockable Taurus case with a brief description of the work and target showing how it tested from bench firing. Basically, the barrel was damaged and rear sight had too much play. If they fixed those two issues ... which it looks like they did according to the target ... the gun will great.