New Rossi 720

Rossi's classic designs for home and self defense, hunting, or range work.
Buckeye!

New Rossi 720

Post by Buckeye! »

I hate starting a new thread...but its a 720 44spl.....as new box...something you don't see everyday...picked this revolver up the other day or so...
Really didn't need it ..just couldn't pass it up....
bonefamily

Re: New Rossi 720

Post by bonefamily »

Looks great! Let us know how it shoots.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Buckeye! wrote:I hate starting a new thread...but its a 720 44spl...
Nice find Buckeye! Never hate to start a new topic!
Michael
Buckeye!

Post by Buckeye! »

I really hate ..dirtying this one up ...dang...its not often you find one like this....

Its the same frame size as the Rossi 3 inch barreled 6 shot 357 mag...which has quickly become one of my favorite carry pieces

akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Looks good def. keep us posted to how she shots. +corn
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
mr surveyor
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by mr surveyor »

that 720 actually looks really nice .... I'm anxious so see what it looks like when they put the rest of the parts on it, particularly the hammer :lol:

Price??

edit to add: I'm jealous :D
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guns - They aren't really yours until you void the warranty!
tulsamal

Post by tulsamal »

I have both models. I posed them deliberately in this photo to show the barrels were the same length. Some internet warrior thought they were different.

I've never carried mine. Solid stainless is heavy. I carried that S&W M296 .44 Special for nearly ten years before the CO theater shooting drove me to an HK P2000 LEM in .357 SIG.

Gregg

tulsamal

Post by tulsamal »

The hammerless DAO model I bought on gunbroker years ago. I think it was around $300. Something like that. The one with the unfluted cylinder and adjustable sights, I remember buying that one quite well. I hadn't been out of the Army long. We had moved back to Norman, OK. I had been Active Army, then I transferred to Active Reserves Army and became a Drill Sergeant. A fellow DS in Norman became my good friend and fellow gun guy. One day we drove up to OKC and went to the old and much missed SW Shooters. We were just there to browse. They used to have shotguns and rifles all along the walls in open racks so you could walk along and pick each one up. Handguns were in a circle of glass cases in the middle. We walked in and one of those glass cases had 10-12 blue boxes all piled on top of each other. They had just came in and they were checking them out. I noticed they said Rossi and that made me curious. Turned out they were all the adjustable sighted 720's. And they had them marked at $206. (This would have been 91-92.)

I couldn't stand it. A .44 Special stainless for the price of a cheap .22. My buddy loaned me the money and I told them I wanted to buy one. I noticed the first one on top of the pile had sort of a shadow on the barrel markings. Like the stamp had hit the barrel and bounced and made a little bit of a second impression. Asked them if I could look at the second one. The guy pushed the whole stack my way and told me to take my pick. I literally looked at each one until I found "the one." And I still have it and use it.

We live on a 90 acre ranch in NE OK. Lots of livestock including goats. Somehow along the way that 720 has become the designated "killing gun." If I have to shoot a goat or other medium to large animal, I go get it. One Gold Dot to the forehead always works just fine.

Gregg
jdb

Post by jdb »

MAN that is purdy, Buckeye. I love the smooth lines of the 720 and it's a great carry gun. 44 special may not be what ya want to stop a brown bear, but it will give some tweaker with a bad attitude a BAD day!

A 44 special is a real man stopper. When the chips are down, I'll take 5 of those over a hand full of 9mm any day. ;~)
"As to the species of exercise, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind." Thomas Jefferson
Jaybm
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by Jaybm »

I must admit that's tempting, especially the one with
a hammer and adjustable rear sight.

Did I ever introduce my better half ... " you only have
two hands why do you need so many guns !!!" :-(
Gun Control Means Hitting The Target +guns