Lucky me found my Raging Bull

Rossi's classic designs for home and self defense, hunting, or range work.
joec
Founding Member
Founding Member

Lucky me found my Raging Bull

Post by joec »

Went into a small gun shop around the corner tonight to pick up a can of gun scrubber and behind their counter they where putting out some new guns. Well they had one Taurus Raging Bull in 454 Casull in 6.5" barrel mat finish stainless steel for the same price as Bud's. I bought it on the spot and will spend this week end cleaning it. So that should end my bucket list for guns. :D :D :D
Joe
Tuco Ramirez
500 Shots
500 Shots

Re: Lucky me found my Raging Bull

Post by Tuco Ramirez »

Good for you!!! Let us know what you think of it after running some rounds through it. I would also take another look at your list and see if it needs revised.... :lol:
When you have to Shoot; shoot, don't talk.......
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

joec
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by joec »

Tuco Ramirez wrote:Good for you!!! Let us know what you think of it after running some rounds through it. I would also take another look at your list and see if it needs revised.... :lol:
I've actually rolled back and got rid of all the safe queens. I have 9mm (2 guns), 45 ACP (1 gun), 45 Colt (3 SAA and a R92), 45/70 (RG), 20 ga and 12 ga side by side shot guns. :) I have dies for loading all of them ready to go as well as brass, primers and powder with bullet needed for the Casull at this time.
Joe
Tuco Ramirez
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by Tuco Ramirez »

Wow you are well stocked.... :lol: I want a few more but everything I have and want I can reload for. My goal is to be able to be as prepared as I can without being dependent upon ammo from the store. I was having a discussion with my father several months ago and he could not see the forest through the trees. We were talking about how many folks own some type of firearm. What I was and did get through to him was it does not matter how many firearms you may have if you only have one or two boxs of ammo you will be swinging them as clubs real fast.

Most folks think a 1000 rounds is some mountain of ammo. The Army thought me real fast a 1000 rounds is nothing and just how quick you can go through it. I thank my lucky stars I got into casting my own bullets some time back. If I was dependent upon having to purchase bullets now I would be up the creek without a paddle. I am very interested in your thoughts on the Raging Bull after you get to shoot it some....
When you have to Shoot; shoot, don't talk.......
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

joec
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by joec »

Tuco Ramirez wrote:Wow you are well stocked.... :lol: I want a few more but everything I have and want I can reload for. My goal is to be able to be as prepared as I can without being dependent upon ammo from the store. I was having a discussion with my father several months ago and he could not see the forest through the trees. We were talking about how many folks own some type of firearm. What I was and did get through to him was it does not matter how many firearms you may have if you only have one or two boxs of ammo you will be swinging them as clubs real fast.

Most folks think a 1000 rounds is some mountain of ammo. The Army thought me real fast a 1000 rounds is nothing and just how quick you can go through it. I thank my lucky stars I got into casting my own bullets some time back. If I was dependent upon having to purchase bullets now I would be up the creek without a paddle. I am very interested in your thoughts on the Raging Bull after you get to shoot it some....
Though I got in to guns in my youth didn't own my first till my 18th birthday and I'm now 66. Though my father reloaded I just never took it up until about a year and a half ago. Well I stocked up with several powders for all calibers (looking for the magic one) as well as primers, brass, and bullets by various makers. Now I can't cast due to the fact I live at my job a self storage facility and can't take the chance of someone wandering in and getting hurt. So I buy my bullets from suppliers including Ranch Dog cast designs from Carolina Bullets. All I sometimes load jacketed in is my 9mm and 45 ACP. I even have a few pounds of 4 brands of Black Powder for my cowboy action shooting which I do once a month during the spring through the fall. I would guess I have enough components for 2 years in a pinch with having to cut back on my shooting and if I cut back perhaps 5 years. I even have double dies in some cases and 3 presses one of which is a hand press.

I probably won't get to shoot it till later next week as this weekend I will take it apart and clean all the Taurus grease out and go over it. I will probably go one day next week over to Bud's gun range and shake it out with a box of factory ammo followed by some of my loads and some of my 45 Colt loads also.
Joe
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Nice to hear you found one Joe!
Michael
Missionary
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Missionary »

Good morning
Have no regrets getting a caliber .454 years back before Rossi knew about Rage. Bought a BFR from a feller I know who wanted to move up to a caliber .480 something. Got the revolver ,brass, dies for a good price.
So when I need a caliber.452 boolit thumping a bit harder no need to run the 45 Colt brass with stiff loads. Keep tem loaded on the 80 % area and the Caliber .454 hot on the throttle. One of those great calibers waiting for more shooters to step in.
If I did not have a double action caliber .414 Supermag the Rossi would sure fit the hole.
MIke in Peru
Way down south in Arequipa, Peru till June 2020.
joec
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by joec »

Missionary wrote:Good morning
Have no regrets getting a caliber .454 years back before Rossi knew about Rage. Bought a BFR from a feller I know who wanted to move up to a caliber .480 something. Got the revolver ,brass, dies for a good price.
So when I need a caliber.452 boolit thumping a bit harder no need to run the 45 Colt brass with stiff loads. Keep tem loaded on the 80 % area and the Caliber .454 hot on the throttle. One of those great calibers waiting for more shooters to step in.
If I did not have a double action caliber .414 Supermag the Rossi would sure fit the hole.
MIke in Peru
The only gun I would of taken instead the Raging Bull would of been the .460 S&W Mag. It will shot the .460 S&W Mag, .454 Casull, .45 Colt, and .45 Schofield. Being about twice the price and this gun was over my allowed limit, but Dear Wife Ok'ed this purchase herself. She sometimes surprises me like that. :mrgreen:
Joe
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

I saw a Taurus Raging Bull locally the other day chambered in 480 Ruger and I already wish I had bought it. I had just bought the Rossi 351 and I'm trying to limit myself to no more than one gun purchase a week. :shock:
Michael
joec
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by joec »

Ranch Dog wrote:I saw a Taurus Raging Bull locally the other day chambered in 480 Ruger and I already wish I had bought it. I had just bought the Rossi 351 and I'm trying to limit myself to no more than one gun purchase a week. :shock:
What I found surprising is based on how it looked I thought it would weigh more than it did. It also fits my hand perfectly and balances well. I will hopefully get to shoot it soon but probably not for another week or so do to work.
Joe