6" stainless

Rossi's classic designs for home and self defense, hunting, or range work.
runfiverun
Founding Member
Founding Member

6" stainless

Post by runfiverun »

so am i the only one here that has an original rossi revolver?
i have the 6" stainless D/A with the rubber finger groove grips.
it's actually quite accurate.
wish they would have made a 44,45 colt.
airc i paid about $175.00 for it.
kliff
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: 6" stainless

Post by kliff »

Pics man....PICS!
kliff
AR15, 5.56mm home made
'71 Winchester NRA Centennial 30/30
336 Marlin 30/30
Henry Big Boy 45LC
Rossi M92SS 45LC
Rossi Ranch Hand 45LC
Rossi Rio Grande 45-70
Ruger Black Hawk 45LC (x2)
Taurus Judge 45LC/.410
Taurus Tracker 357
Colt Gov't Mod
Jeff H
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Jeff H »

runfiverun wrote:.........wish they would have made a 44,45 colt.............
The did make a .44 Special. I had one. It was a nicely made gun.
It was a stainless, 3" with ajustable sights and had the best DA revolver grip shape I have ever handled.

It seemed slightly more compact than the Taurus .44 Specials (had a few of those too) but was still a bit massive compared to my 3" Charter Bulldogs.
It would not shoot cast bullets for beans, but shot jacketed extremely well.

Probably only needed to have the throats reamed but I didn't put the effort into it because I prefered the lighter weight of my Charters.

I sold it to a fellow gun show buzzard who tagged me as I entered the show one day and wouldn't take "no" for an answer. He said he didn't care about the lead load accuracy and as hot as he was to have it, I figured he had it sold before I even showed up with it.

I saw it listed in the auction flyer for his estate sale a couple years ago. He wasn't lyin' when he said he wanted it for himself after all. That didn't make me feel one bit badly that I had thought he was up to a sneaky deal way back when either. It gave me a chuckle and made me think of an old friend. I bet he made sure it would be described very precisely in the auction flyer so I would see it. :D
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Now that is funny!
Michael
Missionary
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Missionary »

Good morning
Have a Blue 2" 5 shot 38 Special down here in Peru with me. Has the pinned barrel with a set of Hip-Grips on it. I think it was a Police issue before I got it. Down here if the police get a weapon it is hardly shot. May even sit in a box at home and never see light. But mine has had a diferent status since it has been with me. Gets carried near daily along with a speed loader. Painted the front site and the two rear flats with white enamel. Helps seeing to line up the sights when popping cans at 10 yards.
Mike in Peru
Way down south in Arequipa, Peru till June 2020.
oldhunter

Post by oldhunter »

I have owned 2 Rossi revolvers for over 15 years and found both to be accurate and dependable. I first bought a model 971 with a 6" barrel and rubber grips and this shoots either .357 mag or .38 special with no issues. Soon after that, I bought my wife a model 88 in .38 special with a 2" barrel and rubber grips. Both are stainless steel, attractive and accurate. Both have been shot over 500 rounds and remain accurate. The .357 mag has become a safe queen but the .38 special is always loaded and sits next to my bed unless the grandkids are visiting. I always recommend Rossi firearms and usually use these two guns as an example of the quality that Rossi produces.

oldhunter
Maximumbob54
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Maximumbob54 »

The only Rossi 6" .357 that I ever wanted was the Cyclops and they had to go and drop it from production before I ever learned about it.

I think from time to time about finding one but the money usually goes to something else as I'm a bit thick with .357's anyways.
wallythacker

Post by wallythacker »

I've another post about my 511 rossi.
Fantastic little revolver.