I'm Now a Rossi Revolverman!

Rossi's classic designs for home and self defense, hunting, or range work.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: I'm Now a Rossi Revolverman!

Post by Ranch Dog »

I took it completely down to clean it yesterday and the gear works inside is different than the 605. I took a picture or two to ask a fellow that is very versed in this stuff. This handgun was extremely clean inside and properly lubed. No need for a buff anywhere. Whoever assembled this revolver cared about how it was put together but that has been my experience with my four Taurus revolvers.
Michael
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

No longer waiting for MidwayUSA to ship me a TL358-158-SWC as my large 380 Auto bullet, the TL358-125-RF is a perfect fit with the bullet seated between the forward and middle lube groove. At least all the measuring has worked out perfectly and the bullet weight is more appropriate for the 38 Spl. Here is all the measuring of the cylinder reduced to an image. The Rossi cut is right at the SAAMI spec.
351_38Spl_TL358125RF_70.jpg
Wanted to add bore & groove diameters as well. Another on SAAMI spec that I have seen from all my Rossi's! .346" & .355"!

Now to get them loaded up!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Michael
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Okay ready to go...

Loaded up with 15.0-grain of Lil' Gun.

The appropriate MaxFire speed loader worked like it should. Just enough clearence with the grip.

Cylinder fit is good including OAL.

This picture doesn't reflect it but the sights are actually pretty good.

First two shots were a bit off but adjusted my grip a bit and point of aim started to equal point of impact at 5 yards. It will get better with a bit more shooting. All the shooting was done double action. Average velocity was 805 FPS.
Michael
Arktikos
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Arktikos »

That is a nice sized little revolver, very concealable, and that range aint bad either!
No such thing as bad weather in Alaska, just lousy clothing choices!
KEN CO

Post by KEN CO »

RD,
Great looking pair of revolvers.
I have been looking at my 2 TL358-125 double cavity molds and thinking it would be a great bullet for Cowboy shooting in the 38 and for the Smith J Frame.

I'll have to melt some lead in the near future. Still snowing in CO so I may have to wait another week to find a day off between snow days.

Ken
Bibletotingunslinger
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Bibletotingunslinger »

I have been riding with the Taurus Ultrulite in my saddlebag for years.
Its a great concealed carry peice.
Don't ask me to do anything where where I can't take Bible and Gun, I would leave Dog home, but reluctantly.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

I played hooky from ranch chores to day to finish up shooting the 351 with Lil' Gun. Both standard SAAMI loads and +P. This little pistol is a shooter! Very pleased with my purchase but I have never bought a Braztech handgun that I wasn't but totally pleased. Will have a range report tomorrow.
Michael
Nodnarb

Post by Nodnarb »

Glad I came across this thread as I am looking at purchasing new Revolver. Preferably .357.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

As noted earlier in the topic, have the Taurus 605, 357 Mag, 5 shot with the 2" barrel and really like it as well. It would be interesting to see what the Rossi 461 is like, this is a six shot 357 Mag of a similar size to the 351 and 605.
46102.jpg
Academy often has 3" versions of these models but I wanted the cataloged item.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Michael
Maximumbob54
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Maximumbob54 »

I've shot the 3" version and I understand why Academy has a hard time keeping them in stock. Even with full power 158gr .357 magnum factory ammo that gun and that grip are very easy to make decent groups on a target. I was keeping them in a hardly larger than fist size group up to 10 yards.