What am I missing?

Value priced adult & youth top break handguns, rifles, & shotguns chambered for centerfire & rimfire cartridges as well as shotshells. These arms are offered as single chamberings as well as a Matched Pair, Pick Four combinations, Trifecta, & the Wizard.
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Re: What am I missing?

Post by pricedo »

slammer1 wrote:The smithy was impressed with the lock-up feel to the rifle. He's used to things feeling a little less solid with the Handi Rifles he gets in.

slammer1
My NEF Handi-Rifle in 45-70 is decades old and is one of the strongest rifles I own.
I don't know what has happened to NEF/H&R single shot guns since Remington bought them.........guesstimating using the Remington track record as a template for the future of those once fine single shot guns.........probably not good things. :evil:
The old NEF Pardner & Handi Rifles are very strong, robustly built guns with lots of steel where it needs to be with a very strong lock-up.
Never owned a Rossi Wizard but if it is as strong as the OLD NEF single shot guns it is a strong gun indeed.
They used to make the NEF single shot guns in 500 S&W before Remington took over just like they used to make the Marlin 1895 in 450 Marlin before Big Green got involved.
The lower Remington manufacturing & totally absent QC standards probably precluded chambering any high pressure cartridges for safety reasons.........the new Remingtonized "junk" guns probably can't be trusted to take the pressure. :evil:
The SAAMI max pressure for the 500 S&W is 60,000 PSI ! with lots of cartridge face surface area for that pressure to act upon.......you don't chamber weak guns in 500 S&W.
Not unusual for Big Green to flush another once fine & proud American firearm brand name down the toilette. :evil:
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA