Wizard barrels

Value priced adult & youth top break handguns, rifles, & shotguns chambered for centerfire & rimfire cartridges as well as shotshells. These arms are offered as single chamberings as well as a Matched Pair, Pick Four combinations, Trifecta, & the Wizard.
Kentucky

Wizard barrels

Post by Kentucky »

Hello All,
Just joined the forum after reading various posts. Seems to be some great info here. I picked up a wizard in 223 last week and ran a box of shells through it just to see how well it would function. No problems at all but am going to install another scope to get good accuracy tests at the 100 yd range. A question I have concerns the availability of barrels. Seems as though dealers are out or supposedly have them on backorder. I called Rossi and was told the barrels I am interested in are on order but it is not known when they will arrive in the states with the lame reason that they are shipped by boat. Is Rossi stopping production of the Wizard ?
Great Holidays to all
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Wizard barrels

Post by Ranch Dog »

Kentucky wrote:Hello All, Just joined the forum after reading various posts.
Greetings and welcome to the forum!
Kentucky wrote: A question I have concerns the availability of barrels. Seems as though dealers are out or supposedly have them on backorder. I called Rossi and was told the barrels I am interested in are on order but it is not known when they will arrive in the states with the lame reason that they are shipped by boat.
Rossi is facing all same sales demands that all the other manufacturers are experiencing. The boat ride is not a joke and i'm sure it keeps transportation costs to a minimum. From what I've been told, as far as parts are concerning, is that there is a deticated container shipment each and every month. As parts are ordered they are placed on the back-order. On the end of the month the parts order is transmitted to Brazil and within a couple of days the container puts to sea. In about a week it arrives and it takes a couple of days to sort and ship to customers. That schedule has been reflected in my orders that have been back-ordered. I notice my credit card is charged on about the 10th of the month and the shipments arrive about the 17th. I noticed the back-order expect dates on MidwayUSA reflect this schedule.

What barrel are you looking for?
Kentucky wrote:Is Rossi stopping production of the Wizard?
I would doubt it. The Wizard ("W") is a fairly recent introduction and its ability to not need go to the factory for a re-barrel fit puts it ahead of the competition and places it in utility like the Thompson Center product without the price. Oh, the same search on MidwayUSA for TC barrels show them out of stock as well. It is a poor time to purchase firearms but will pass.
Michael
Kentucky

Post by Kentucky »

As for barrels, I'm thinking of trying a shorter 45-70, I have a Buffalo Classic that mainly goes to the range. A 454 casull or 44 mag and possibly a Whelen and 357 mag would be fun. I noticed the machine work and reciever finish on the Wizard is finer than my BC. Much lighter trigger pull also. Hope it turns out to be accurate and fun.
Zippidydoodah

Post by Zippidydoodah »

If you are interested in a win 270 bbl for your wizard, let me know. I have a new one and was going to go that route instead of contenders, but have contenders in both rifle and pistol calipers so don't need to start another series.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Kentucky wrote: I noticed the machine work and reciever finish on the Wizard is finer than my BC. Much lighter trigger pull also.
Having owned the H&R and now the Wizard, I find your comments on the money. No doubt the Wizard has the better finish and trigger.

The only negative I have voiced about the rifle has been the fixed barrel length for all the calibers, 23", which probably is not a valid issue as H&R is fairly constant at across the various rifles. There are some different lengths with various models of the H&R but overall they are constant.

I think the Wizard is a step above the H&R product line.
Michael
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Zippidydoodah wrote:If you are interested in a win 270 bbl for your wizard, let me know. I have a new one and was going to go that route instead of contenders, but have contenders in both rifle and pistol calipers so don't need to start another series.
Zippdy,

Might list the barrel in the FS section of this forum with along with a price. In that the availability of all firearm related wares are poor you will probably sell it. Google and the other bots will pick it up in a day or two off this forum so someone running a search on the engines should see it.
Michael

Post by 0369 »

I agree with the "w" being a step above the Handi Rifles. My reason since I don't own a "W" yet is the barrels. I have a Handi made in 1997 and I can't do the barrel accessory program due to the age. I thought about sending my wife's in for a barrel for mine but may be better off geting a Rossi.
rothgun

Post by rothgun »

Just bought a 270 wizard 23" barrel and decided to order a 243 Wizard nickel finish. They will be my black tail deer and elk rifles in the forests of Western Washington.
Would love to buy a 38/357 23" Wizard barrel for plinking at the indoor range. I have a 16" lever action 38/357 and love it. Rossi's are decent rifles for the money.
Rothgun
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

rothgun wrote:Just bought a 270 wizard 23" barrel and decided to order a 243 Wizard nickel finish. They will be my black tail deer and elk rifles in the forests of Western Washington.
Would love to buy a 38/357 23" Wizard barrel for plinking at the indoor range. I have a 16" lever action 38/357 and love it. Rossi's are decent rifles for the money.
They are making Wizards with a nickel finish?
Michael
rothgun

Post by rothgun »

My understanding is they may nit be anymore, but they have made nickel in a few differeitn calibers. I found one for sale on line at Buds.