Wizard chambered in 444 Marlin!

Value priced adult & youth top break handguns, rifles, & shotguns chambered for centerfire & rimfire cartridges as well as shotshells. These arms are offered as single chamberings as well as a Matched Pair, Pick Four combinations, Trifecta, & the Wizard.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Wizard chambered in 444 Marlin!

Post by Ranch Dog »

johnwayne wrote:Thank you Ranch Dog for the thread and pictures. Your 44 mag to 444 Marlin conversion make me ponder a 357 magnum to 357 Maximum conversion. Our silly deer regulations here in IN require a cartridge of at least 35 caliber and a maximum case length of 1.8". Most of my shots are under 50 yards so I don't need a lot of power. The 357 mag is adequate but a 357 maximum would allow the sweet 175 Ranch Dog bullet to perform well with a bit less pressure.

Is this conversion doable and if so how do you like the Wizard overall?

Last night I removed my Burris Mini 4 power from my wonderful 700 Remington 250 Savage rifle and mounted it on a 357 Marlin in preparation for my future daughter in law. How sad that she can't use the 250 Savage. The trigger and lock time on the Remington is so nice. Does the Wizard come close? Can a Wizard trigger be worked on?

Thanks
I would think that the change would be very simple. The trigger on my rifle did not need any work. The stumbling block I see would be the fact that they do not offer the 357 Mag as a complete rifle, it is an add on barrel. You would need to buy a rifle and then the add on barrel.
Michael
Rusty Duty

Post by Rusty Duty »

has anyone shot a Buffalo Bore 405gr 45-70 magnum load in their Wizard?
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

Rusty Duty wrote:has anyone shot a Buffalo Bore 405gr 45-70 magnum load in their Wizard?
No......but I'll beef up my medical coverage before I do. :shock:
The NEF single shot break-open rifles are VERY strong........lots of chamber wall & barrel steel & a massive hinge & locking latch.
I've shot some heavy loads from my NEF B/O 45-70......the weakest link in that ballistic chain was my shoulder. :shock:
How strong are the Wizards :?:
Thinking of getting one.......maybe in 444 Marlin or 450 Marlin if they make one :?:
Just askin. :mrgreen:
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Well they make the in a bunch of 60.0 KPSI+ cartridges so I don't know why they wouldn't work.
Michael