Youth Single Shot

Value priced adult & youth top break handguns, rifles, & shotguns chambered for centerfire & rimfire cartridges as well as shotshells. These arms are offered as single chamberings as well as a Matched Pair, Pick Four combinations, Trifecta, & the Wizard.

Re: Youth Single Shot

Post by 0369 »

Here is the barrel so far. I have to cut the angle for the lock yet and the extractor slot. Here is my quasi-Highwall so far also.

AhnkoChee
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: Youth Single Shot

Post by AhnkoChee »

I'm more partial to the stock design of the older Rossi single shots too like my R357S rifle built on Rossi's .410 shotgun frame so weighing in soaking wet at 4 lbs. This rifle is just about perfect as a youth rifle, I always wondered why they stopped making these handy little rifles. The only thing lacking was their lousy plastic non-elevation adjustable rear sight. I easily remedied this by installing a rear sight off a TC Contender as pictured below. I performed some other modifications to mine to bring the weight down even more to 3 lbs. but that's another story. Keep your eyes pealed on Gunbroker for one.

My R357S pictured with my Rossi model 971 both in 357 magnum.
Illegitimus Non Carborundum