Youth Single Shot

Value priced adult & youth top break handguns, rifles, & shotguns chambered for centerfire & rimfire cartridges as well as shotshells. These arms are offered as single chamberings as well as a Matched Pair, Pick Four combinations, Trifecta, & the Wizard.
izzyjoe

Youth Single Shot

Post by izzyjoe »

What do you think of the Wizard? i'm thinking of getting one for my daughter for her first rifle, in .357 if they make it.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Wizard Replacement Barrel

Post by Ranch Dog »

izzyjoe wrote:What do you think of the Wizard? i'm thinking of getting one for my daughter for her first rifle, in .357 if they make it.
I like my Wizard but it is definitely a guy's rifle. large grip on the stock and heavy. The Single Shot Youth series would be more appropriate I believe.
Michael
izzyjoe

Post by izzyjoe »

thanks, i was hoping they made it in a youth model. i'll check it out.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

izzyjoe wrote:What do you think of the Wizard? i'm thinking of getting one for my daughter for her first rifle, in .357 if they make it.
They made a youth R357B but it has been discontinued. It was the Youth Single Shot, wood and blued, chambered in 357 Mag. You might post email notification searches on gunbroker and gunauctions. You will receive an email if one is posted. It seems the current Youth centerfires are the 223 and 243 but take a closer look at the specification pages of their catalog as I took a very quick look.
Michael
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

I'm going to split the "Youth" rifle questions and replies into a new post in the Single Shot forum so that others looking for the information can find it.
Michael
izzyjoe

Re: Youth Single Shot

Post by izzyjoe »

Thanks, i'll look around for a .357, i'm not to fond of 243's for younger folk's. they are great in the hand's of somone with more skill in shot placement. :)
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

izzyjoe wrote:Thanks, i'll look around for a .357, i'm not to fond of 243's for younger folk's. they are great in the hand's of somone with more skill in shot placement. :)
I agree, the 357 Mag is about ideal.

Posted via Tapatalk while hunting!
Michael

Post by 0369 »

I wish they still made the 357. Since they don't, I made a lug and profiled, polished and chambered a barrel to 357 for my daughter. I'm still trying to decide if I want to make a stub or weld the barrel to the lug and if the small frame youth will handle it. If it works, I'll probably make one in 45 Colt for my Handi-Rifle.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Wow, quite the DIY gunsmith. The 357 makes excellent sense in the Youth SS, don't know why it is not offered!
Michael

Post by 0369 »

Ranch Dog, I started out 20 years ago by making a 22 bench rest rifle on an old Atlas lake with a milling attatchment. Since then I've made sights, parts, complete guns and everything I couldn't afford to buy or wanted the satisfaction of doing myself. Right now I'm making sights for a couple of 22 rifles for mini-palma, a few 45 Colt single shot pistols, a single shot pistol in 357 necked down to 30 cal., a couple of bullet moulds, some dies, a falling block action rifle(chambring to be determined) and now a rear sight for my new 92 has been added to the list of projects.
I don't have a lot of room so I'm stuck with a small Atlas lathe and a cheap Seig X2 mill for now, but have access to larger machines if necessary. I make most of my tooling since it's so expensive. I had to give up my regular job do to a spinal chord injury so I'm thinking about machining parts and accessories if there is enough demand. I have a few ideas and don't want to step on any toes or patents so it may take a while to get it going.
By the way, thanks for a great forum!