Single Shot Sights

Value priced adult & youth top break handguns, rifles, & shotguns chambered for centerfire & rimfire cartridges as well as shotshells. These arms are offered as single chamberings as well as a Matched Pair, Pick Four combinations, Trifecta, & the Wizard.
saintjen

Single Shot Sights

Post by saintjen »

I just got my first Rossi and I am VERY disappointed in the fixed sights. Completely useless. I set it as low as it can go and it still shoots 14" high at above 75 yds. I did NOT want to buy a scope (I hate using them) and so I am looking for options. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: Single Shot Sights

Post by akuser47 »

larger front sight blade or fiber optic there are lots of options out there probably will not be very cheap though but if youlike standard non optic sights than this is what I would do taller front post lowers your POI. RD may have a source for front sights that will fit with minimal fitting as I do not have any suggestions because it seems that Rossi has issues with being in spec for aftermarket parts.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

akuser47 wrote:RD may have a source for front sights that will fit with minimal fitting...
Ahhh... not I, I'm not in the Rossi parts business. Does the single shot use a dovetail or a sight with the base that is screwed to the barrel? If the latter, does the front sight ramp have a dovetail.
Michael
saintjen

Post by saintjen »

Front sight does NOT have dovetail, only the back and it is as adjusted as it can go.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Guys, I move this sight stuff to it's own topic. Being a bit more specific, it might help with finding appropriate responses.
Michael
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Ranch Dog wrote:
akuser47 wrote:RD may have a source for front sights that will fit with minimal fitting...
Ahhh... not I, I'm not in the Rossi parts business. Does the single shot use a dovetail or a sight with the base that is screwed to the barrel? If the latter, does the front sight ramp have a dovetail.
I didn't mean it as you would have it I just figured with all the work you do on your rossi's you may have more info than I. LoL I had little luck with internet search for sights specific to it.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
AhnkoChee
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by AhnkoChee »

Not sure about the newer single shots but on my R357S with 3/4" diameter breech I discovered that sights made for the TC contender fit like glove onto the pre-drilled & tapped holes. At first I was using a TC contender rear sight I found on eBay for $5.00 and later went to a Williams WGRS peep sight. If your current Rossi is drilled and tapped I have no doubt there is a Williams WGRS sight that will fit. (maybe the one for the H&R Buffalo Classic?)

ImageImage
Illegitimus Non Carborundum
nanuk

Post by nanuk »

I haven't seen any Rossies with 3/4" diameter breeches

but then, Rossi's are not that popular up here, nor available.

I'd LOVE to have a little 357mag/max on a small frame Rossi with a trim barrel.

Post by 0369 »

Nanuk, I'm in the process of making a 357 barrel for my daughter's 22/410 combo. I'll post results when I'm done.
mr surveyor
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by mr surveyor »

0369 wrote:Nanuk, I'm in the process of making a 357 barrel for my daughter's 22/410 combo. I'll post results when I'm done.

in an attempt to really look like the "new guy" on the forum, I absolutely have to resurrect this older thread.

First ...... where's the results from that promised .357 barrel on the .22/.410 combo?

Second, since the .22/.410 combo was mentioned, and the original post was about sights, I can still stay completely on topic. About 10 years ago I bought my grandson (now 18) a little .22/410 junior combo. He wanted a scope on the .22 barrel, so an inexpensive Bushnell appeared. Somewhere in the process of my son and grandson installing the scope, the rear sight was lost. A phone call (or 5) to Rossi/Braztech was certainly no help. I really want a replacement sight to put on that .22 barrel so he can bag the whole combo back in the little zippered case to keep handy for a bug-out gun. (also really interested in the .357 barrel 8-) )

surv
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guns - They aren't really yours until you void the warranty!