Wizard 44 Mag Barrel

Value priced adult & youth top break handguns, rifles, & shotguns chambered for centerfire & rimfire cartridges as well as shotshells. These arms are offered as single chamberings as well as a Matched Pair, Pick Four combinations, Trifecta, & the Wizard.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Wizard 44 Mag Barrel

Post by Ranch Dog »

Going to call Rossi in the morning and talk with them about my 44 Mag barrel. I was having a bit of a problem yesterday cocking the hammer and manipulating the safety but I wanted to check it against my 45-70 Govt barrel which performed flawlessly. After checking it out this afternoon, something isn't right plus with the cocked hammer the safety cannot be engaged.

Also, as I noted in another post, I am going to mount a scope on the barrel in that an open/peep sight is unusable with the high comb of the stock. I put the base on the barrel but a weaver style ring will not secure down on the base. I had the same issue with the base on my CJ4510. Academy in Victoria stocks the Rossi single shot base so I bought one it solved the issue on the CJ. The base that came with the 44 Mag barrel, just like the one that came with the CJ, measures a good couple thousands narrower at the widest point and the rings cannot engage the base.

I will keep you posted.
Michael
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Wizard 44 Mag Barrel

Post by Ranch Dog »

Spoke with BrazTech first thing this morning and it was a real quick conversation. They told me to send the barrel back and it would be replaced as the Wizard should be "plug and play". They offered to cover the shipping through FedEx but I declined and sent it in Priority Mail through the Post Office. FedEx service out to the ranch is very poor and not worth the wait.
Michael
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Well I hope they get it sorted out for you. out of spec on there scope mounts and barrels wow that is terrible.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

akuser47 wrote:Well I hope they get it sorted out for you. out of spec on there scope mounts and barrels wow that is terrible.
Oh, I take it in stride. With the rifle I was able to check it out real good before I left the shop. The barrels are just mailed to you, carded in clear plastic like the Mossberg shotgun barrels. The fit is critical on a single shot.
Michael
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

Gotta love those Rossis.......never a dull moment. :D
Chronic and obsessive tinkerers like me love them.
Those silly Brownings, Sakos, Rugers, Savages that just pop out of the box and work .............BOOOOOOOOORING ! :cry:
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

I was out grading a ranch road that runs along a county road and saw a FedEx van heading to a neighbors place a couple of miles down the road. I thought "I sure wish Braztech would send me a 44 Mag barrel." Got home and it was sitting on the porch. My plans where to make it shorter but I've cooled a bit on that. I'm either going to just leave it alone or have it rechambered to 444 Marlin. That is where I'm at now, a Wizard in 444 Marlin and 45-70 Govt.
Michael