62 SA

Value priced adult & youth top break handguns, rifles, & shotguns chambered for centerfire & rimfire cartridges as well as shotshells. These arms are offered as single chamberings as well as a Matched Pair, Pick Four combinations, Trifecta, & the Wizard.
DXR175

62 SA

Post by DXR175 »

Hi all,

I picked up a Rossi 62 SA this past weekend and was looking to find a bit of information on it. I contacted Rossi only to find out they do not have any information. It seems this pump action was imported by Amadeo and Rossi is telling me they only have information on firearms after Tarus took over.

I'm looking to find the year this model was made and possible locating a diagram of it.

Would anyone here happen to have any knowledge of what I have here.

Thanks,

-Bruce
GasGuzzler

Re: 62 SA

Post by GasGuzzler »

Find the schematic ----> HERE

As to the age, look for numbers. My 92 is from Amadeo also and has "7187" stamped on all the major parts. Knowing its approximate era, to me that's:
  • July 1, 1987 (7 = month, 1 = day, 87 = year)?
  • March 12, 1987 (71st day of 1987)?
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
DXR175

Re: 62 SA

Post by DXR175 »

Thanks for the help!

I found 904 stamped all over it. (9 = Sept)?, but the 04 part has me stumped. If staying with current thinking, the 04 I'm guessing would be 2004? Surely it's not 1904...? But looking at the condition of the rifle tells me it's older than a 2004 manufactured date. Another clue, and I might be way off base here is, it also has stamped on the barrel, 22 Short-Long and 22 Long. I recall seeing 22 Long ammo only once in my life about 40 years ago sitting all dusty on a shelf in this general store back home.
GasGuzzler

62 SA

Post by GasGuzzler »

Use Wikipedia or something else to find the production dates for the entire run. From there we can make wild guesses on age. Rossi hasn't been alive nearly long enough to have made it in 1904. Could be 90th day 1984 or....
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.