Ever slug your 44 Mag barrel

Value priced adult & youth top break handguns, rifles, & shotguns chambered for centerfire & rimfire cartridges as well as shotshells. These arms are offered as single chamberings as well as a Matched Pair, Pick Four combinations, Trifecta, & the Wizard.
Harry Snippe

Ever slug your 44 Mag barrel

Post by Harry Snippe »

I had Marlin and winchester 44 Mag lever guns , but always found the barrels required lead measuring at least .432 in size . This is a problem here in Canada ( Can not buy that size here and unable to import from the USA) "if" you do not cast your own as so many do living in town or at an apt.

I have thought the Single shots Rossi puts out might just be the answer if they would slug out close to the revolver bore allowing the use of .430 sized lead
So has anyone slugged out the bore on a single shot 44 Mag ?

My second question
Can the triggers be tuned for a better let off ?

Happy
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Ever slug your 44 Mag barrel

Post by Ranch Dog »

Hey Happy, I have a Wizard barrel sitting on the bench and I will try to get it slugged this week. I also want to slug my R92 again.
Michael
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Harry Snippe wrote:So has anyone slugged out the bore on a single shot 44 Mag ?
Went ahead a slugged both my Wizard and 92 chambered in 44 Mag (reslugged it). They both measure:

Groove: .4285"
Bore: .4200"
Harry Snippe wrote:Can the triggers be tuned for a better let off?
I'm dealing with a Wizard Harry and haven't cracked my receiver open on and doubt if I will as the trigger feels about as perfect as it gets. In that picked up the rifle Friday, I have only fired it with "snap caps" but will get to the shooting this week.
Michael
Harry Snippe

Post by Harry Snippe »

Thank you very much for your effort Ranch Dog .

The bore size for Rossi arms is probably a unknown fact that should get advertised specialy to Canadain shooters that can not, or may not cast their own lead .

It is a pain to have need of Lead sized for our revolvers, and then also need to load for an oversized bore lever as well as most single shots .
So if one can use .430 lead intended for our revolvers in our rossi 's and achieve better than "Minute of Barn Door" . I sure am a Happy Camper :D :D
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Any trouble purchasing Rossi's in Canada? Are they generally available?
Michael
Harry Snippe

Post by Harry Snippe »

Ranch Dog wrote:Any trouble purchasing Rossi's in Canada? Are they generally available?
Last spring I tried to get a model 92 44 Mag, just as the Puma's were drying up.Found a few models out West but the Price was way high- with a huge demand for the few rifles ,yet in stock .
Many thought this was a great chance to make a few bucks buying everything they could find and reselling .
Well it appeared Rossi was going to be no more - so I was not going to buy a gun," if" they were not being made and parts too were going to dry up . ( Try getting a carrier for a 357 Winchester 94)

So today - No Rossi 92 sold in Canada . :( :( :evil:

The Roi Grande is for sale At our dealer in Central Ontario Canada , but else where not common - so you pay what your asked , and get a unit when ever there is stock . Priced @ 580. and change I think your going to see a few in the bush this year- as well as the 410 shot gun model . Now a 338M Rossi would just be the cake would it not ? :D

Shot guns with a single barrel are sold as well as a few single shot s in .22 and 44 . Epps still has some old stock in the wood
The 308 barreled model I assume is also pre Wizard . They are priced @ 230. thereabouts

The Ranch Hand is a big fad here also , and see many made by Rossi and Henry to name two.

I think Rossi had a chance with the Rio Grande ,bring it out when Marlin had it's day under the new Remington ownership ,and seeing the end of the Winchester 94 as we knew it .They also had a chance to sell millions of 92 models if they were offered for sale . I think they lack Marketing the procduct for some reason, going more by word of mouth .
With more adds and reviews I doubt if a 18 wheeler loaded with Rossi Guns would need to be on the road too long before the load was sold out . People just need to see more of the product .
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Harry Snippe wrote:With more adds and reviews I doubt if a 18 wheeler loaded with Rossi Guns would need to be on the road too long before the load was sold out . People just need to see more of the product .
Well said. The could unload a truck load of them here as well.
Michael