Matched Pair Pistol

Value priced adult & youth top break handguns, rifles, & shotguns chambered for centerfire & rimfire cartridges as well as shotshells. These arms are offered as single chamberings as well as a Matched Pair, Pick Four combinations, Trifecta, & the Wizard.
Bibletotingunslinger
250 Shots
250 Shots

Matched Pair Pistol

Post by Bibletotingunslinger »

after serious thinking out of the box, and listening to my kids and nephews remind me how I did my best shooting with a hand gun, not a rifle.
I thought see what Rossi sells.
Only one I see is this 45/410/22. I like the 45, 22 but not big on 410 handgun.
Yall know if they offer any other configurations.
I am paranoid about the Free Bore in 45 Colt as it also shoots 410. Nothing against 410, or 45, just ,,,,,, together?
:ugeek:
Don't ask me to do anything where where I can't take Bible and Gun, I would leave Dog home, but reluctantly.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Matched Pair Pistol

Post by Ranch Dog »

We have a fellow on the forum that hunts birds with one. Ahhh! Look below in the Similar Topics and click on "f100cleveland". When his user profile opens, search his posts. As far as I recall, he is the only member that has reported on the single shot based pistol.
Michael
Bibletotingunslinger
250 Shots
250 Shots

Thanks for the post RD. I read an article on NRA website about this unit, after reading it, lost my interest.
Don't ask me to do anything where where I can't take Bible and Gun, I would leave Dog home, but reluctantly.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Do your have a link to that article? Others might find it useful.
Michael
Bibletotingunslinger
250 Shots
250 Shots

Here is the article I read, It is very un biased, but it got me adding things up, it has too many drawbacks for the 410, and the Colt 45 shot leaves the case, free bore for a couple inches, then the last of the barrel is lost by the 2" thread protector, and walla, we have a 7" barrel with issues. Sounds like a nice 22.

http://www.americanrifleman.org/article ... ot-pistol/
Strawdawg

Post by Strawdawg »

Compared to comparable guns, it tested pretty darned good. Not my cup of tea, but pretty good for its intended purpose.
Steve

East of Eden on Tasajillo Hill
f100cleveland

Post by f100cleveland »

I installed a red dot sight on the 22 barrel and its my striped gopher gun. More accurate than article says. The 45 colt is ok but .410 works as good as most long barrel shotguns. Its fun and didn't break the bank. I have shot pheasant with it but now I wonder how legal it is for that as shotgun has to have barrel over 18" and be fired from shoulder and pistol is suposted to be rimfire.
Bibletotingunslinger
250 Shots
250 Shots

f100cleveland wrote:I installed a red dot sight on the 22 barrel and its my striped gopher gun. More accurate than article says. The 45 colt is ok but .410 works as good as most long barrel shotguns. Its fun and didn't break the bank. I have shot pheasant with it but now I wonder how legal it is for that as shotgun has to have barrel over 18" and be fired from shoulder and pistol is suposted to be rimfire.
Just reading your post, reminds me, it is legal here in Utah, for upland game, rabbit, doves, quail etc, not for turkey or water foul. I would look a lot harder at it if it had a center fire rifle barrel without the 410.
Dont get me wrong, I am a 410 guy, Circuit Judge, love it. Just dont need 2.
Kinda want a Colt 45 thing, But that 22 is tempting.