Rossi Single Shots

Value priced adult & youth top break handguns, rifles, & shotguns chambered for centerfire & rimfire cartridges as well as shotshells. These arms are offered as single chamberings as well as a Matched Pair, Pick Four combinations, Trifecta, & the Wizard.
Bibletotingunslinger
250 Shots
250 Shots

Rossi Single Shots

Post by Bibletotingunslinger »

I has a question, I is a Single Shot Guy, They got pluses over bolts n levers in my view.
As far as Rossi Single Shots go, in any calibre, have any of you ever had issues with one no working correctly?

Are they available in any "Big Bore" Sizes?
Long Barrels,,,etc?
Don't ask me to do anything where where I can't take Bible and Gun, I would leave Dog home, but reluctantly.
Ohio3Wheels
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Re: Rossi Single Shots

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

Some have reported light primer strikes. I have the now discontinued Wizard it was available in 45-70 but short barrel. Not sure about the Single Shot, it was semi successful so Rossi probably discontinued it.

Make smoke,
Curt... makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time Image
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Many of the Rossi single shots have had light primer strike issues resulting in misfires. If only using as a range toy maybe not big deal but if hunting I wouldn't try one.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Bibletotingunslinger
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Bibletotingunslinger »

Thank you for these posts, I sure wish I would have found this forum two years before I did.
Don't ask me to do anything where where I can't take Bible and Gun, I would leave Dog home, but reluctantly.
Zippidydoodah

Post by Zippidydoodah »

They also have had the sights grossly mis-aligned with the bore and unable to correct.
They also have had the scope mount screws not drilled in line with the bores and have had the included scope base improper width so a conventional set of scope rings can not tighten properly. Rossi's parent company is facing a huge recall on Taurus semi auto problems and is ready to "tank" stock is worth less than $1 now.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

I've purchased three Single Shots and still have two. The first one I bought was an Amedeo Rossi, pre-Braztech and would not buy another of that manufacture as it was plagued with the light hammer strikes. Very unfortunate as it was a 7.62x39.

The other two are Braztech; a 308 Win & 44 Mag. The 308 Win was my latest purchase, this year and I felt the receiver bolt to receiver frame was loose. I returned to Rossi and they corrected the issue. Since it's return, I haven't had the time to work with it. Prior to its return, I did shoot it a bit and it seemed to have a lot of potential but was concerned about the loose action when open. The 44 Mag is a wonderful rifle, accurate and everything is right about it. Others must feel the same about the 44 Mag as there has not been one listed on Gunbroker for a very long time.

Neither have experienced any light primer strikes and both have no issues with the alignment of their mount holes for the scope bases. Both trigger are also at 3 1/2# and perfect in pull.

I did own a Wizard. Bought it as a 45-70 Govt and purchased a 44 Mag barrel. I bought another 44 Mag barrel and rechambered it myself with a rented reamer to 444 Marlin. There was nothing wrong with it but I could never warm up to the "look" of the durn thing so I sold it along with the spare barrels.
Michael
sherman

Post by sherman »

Stay very far away from these rifles they make good tomato stakes but not good for anything elese