Wizard hammer extension?

Value priced adult & youth top break handguns, rifles, & shotguns chambered for centerfire & rimfire cartridges as well as shotshells. These arms are offered as single chamberings as well as a Matched Pair, Pick Four combinations, Trifecta, & the Wizard.
retAFShooter

Wizard hammer extension?

Post by retAFShooter »

My "new" Wizard .243 didn't come with a hammer extension. I tried one from Amazon, but it is too small to fit on the fat hammer. What model after market hammer extension will fit the Wizard?
Check out my YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/RetAFShooter
Ohio3Wheels
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Re: Wizard hammer extension?

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

I got one at Cabelas, unfortunately I've tossed the packaging so cant give you the name. It said Rossi compatible on the packaging. It's round and ambidextrous. I get a little interference getting to the break open lever but it's better than no extension with the scoped 243 barrel. It's likely intended for the Rossi lever guns.

Make smoke,
Curt... makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time Image
Ohio3Wheels
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

Pulled Mr Wizard out of the safe to take some pictures and lo and behold the name is engraved on the extension, it's from and outfit named Carlsons and the website is there also, choketubes.com . Here are a couple of pics, not real great, overcast and raining so had to work inside.
hamer-ext-top-crop.jpg
hamer-ext-side-crop.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Curt... makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time Image
Bibletotingunslinger
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Bibletotingunslinger »

retAFShooter wrote:My "new" Wizard .243 didn't come with a hammer extension. I tried one from Amazon, but it is too small to fit on the fat hammer. What model after market hammer extension will fit the Wizard?
Hammer extension????? Amazon????? Fat Hammer??????
My wife needs one of them,,,,I go look on Amazon,,,,,,,
Don't ask me to do anything where where I can't take Bible and Gun, I would leave Dog home, but reluctantly.
Ohio3Wheels
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

This unit fits most of the Rossis as near as I can tell. On the Wizard if you have a big thumb you might experience a little interference getting to the break open lever due to the ambi nature, but it's better than the plain hammer with a scope on the Wizard.

Make smoke,
retAFShooter

Post by retAFShooter »

Thanks to Ohio3Wheels (and fast shipping from Amazon) I now have a hammer extension. Installed.
. Image
Check out my YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/RetAFShooter