Finally In: 32 H&R Mag Custom Rossi

Value priced adult & youth top break handguns, rifles, & shotguns chambered for centerfire & rimfire cartridges as well as shotshells. These arms are offered as single chamberings as well as a Matched Pair, Pick Four combinations, Trifecta, & the Wizard.
vvllbs

Finally In: 32 H&R Mag Custom Rossi

Post by vvllbs »

Picking her up from the smith this evening! It's storming here so no range time today
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Finally In: 32 H&R Mag Custom Rossi

Post by Ranch Dog »

vvllbs wrote:Picking her up from the smith this evening! It's storming here so no range time today
Great to hear. Looking forward to pictures and a report. I would also be interested in getting the smith's info as I'm looking for someone that could shorten my 12 gauge barrel to 18½" and then drill and tap it for the Rossi fiber optic sights that were on my 308 Win barrel. I'm going to shoot 12 gauge round balls with that barrel.
Michael
vvllbs

Post by vvllbs »

There is an excellent smith here in Bay City, not too far from you! He is not the guy who did my 32, I can message you his info he is from Washington state. I'll post a picture when I get home. The local smith had to fit the forend
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

vvllbs wrote:There is an excellent smith here in Bay City, not too far from you! He is not the guy who did my 32, I can message you his info he is from Washington state. I'll post a picture when I get home. The local smith had to fit the forend
Yes, thanks, please PM me the contact info. Rossi called me yesterday to let me know they received my rifle and it was in the lineup to get repaired. As soon as it gets back, I would like to get the work done so that I can start that .690" round ball work.
Michael
Zippidydoodah

Post by Zippidydoodah »

Was that the 3" chamber slug barrel?
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Zippidydoodah wrote:Was that the 3" chamber slug barrel?
If you are asking about my barrel, no, it is just a smooth bore. I really don't use a shotgun, no bird hunting on my place, but I would play with a big round ball going out the barrel.
Michael
Zippidydoodah

Post by Zippidydoodah »

Let me know how it works out. I bought the combo 12 slug/50 muzzleloader and can use the short plastic wads over powder for round ball. Should be accurate without the petal problem you had with your slug barrel. I don't know what I should use over the round ball though.