Rossi 520?? 20 Gauge

Value priced adult & youth top break handguns, rifles, & shotguns chambered for centerfire & rimfire cartridges as well as shotshells. These arms are offered as single chamberings as well as a Matched Pair, Pick Four combinations, Trifecta, & the Wizard.
vvllbs

Rossi 520?? 20 Gauge

Post by vvllbs »

First of all, I collect all kinds of guns, but have always been intrigued with single shots. I have a stash of H&R Handi Rifles, I'm also a big fan of the old Stevens 9478 and in the past few months, I've somehow acquired three and a half Rossi! I bought a 45 cal "Miniloader" and had it a week and sold the barrel, leaving me with a frame. Since you can't have too many 22's, I traded a NEF 20 gauge barrel for a youth 22 barrel. I was still without a forend, so I then trade two beater Winchester 22's for a youth 22/410 in a bag. I'm 5'10" so a youth stock don't work. I'll get to the meat of the story, there had been a beaten down Rossi 20 gauge at a resale shop for years. They were trying to pass it off as antique. I finally offered $30.00, it was missing the forend but the buttstock (adult) fit well.
vvllbs

Re: Rossi 520?? 20 Gauge

Post by vvllbs »

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434366723.578992.jpg
This is the receiver off the $30.00 twenty gauge, is it worth messing with? How hard is it to take apart and put back together?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Well, I suspect in that you are going to acquire these firearms you might as well get use to working on them. The are very simple but the first thing you need to do is make a set of slave pins for every pin in the receiver. The slave pins are only wide enough to allow them to be removed through the slots in the receiver. So you will assemble the various parts on the slave pin, lower the assembly into the receiver and then knock the master pin through pushing the slave pin out. These slave pins should be slight under diameter as well.You also will drive them in to remove the parts so that everything on a pin comes out together.
Michael
vvllbs

Post by vvllbs »

I think it's just missing the trigger, trigger guard and pins. If I get time I will try to buy some online and maybe it will work without taking it apart. I really should take it apart and refinish it though
vvllbs

Post by vvllbs »

After more research, it's an S20