Barrel Fitting Questions (Youth)

Value priced adult & youth top break handguns, rifles, & shotguns chambered for centerfire & rimfire cartridges as well as shotshells. These arms are offered as single chamberings as well as a Matched Pair, Pick Four combinations, Trifecta, & the Wizard.
vvllbs

Barrel Fitting Questions (Youth)

Post by vvllbs »

I bought a Youth Rossi muzzleloader barrel in 45 and sold the barrel. Is a youth 243 barrel safe to shoot if it fits? I also traded off some projects for a youth 22/410 set, would the 243 barrel be safe for that? My only other Rossi product is a broken adult 20 gauge that is similar to the youth guns but has no safety, could that maybe be a match

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Barrel Fitting Questions (Youth)

Post by Ranch Dog »

Rossi didn't have much to say about swapping barrels but there is a lot of barrel swapping taking place. If the action locks I figure it is good to go.
Michael
Ohio3Wheels
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

I've wondered about this myself. If I could find a 410 barrel for my wizard I'd be a happy camper, but I'm not sure about the interchange between the Wizards and the current single shots and Rossi seems somewhat mum on the subject.

Make smoke,
Curt... makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time Image
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Ohio3Wheels wrote:I've wondered about this myself. If I could find a 410 barrel for my wizard I'd be a happy camper, but I'm not sure about the interchange between the Wizards and the current single shots and Rossi seems somewhat mum on the subject.

Make smoke,
The Wizard and Single Shots do not interchange. Tried it when I had both.
Michael
f100cleveland

Post by f100cleveland »

I tried my 7.62x39 barrel on my matched pair pistol frame and thats a no go but between rifles might work.
Zippidydoodah

Post by Zippidydoodah »

I have combo barrels in 12/30-06, 20/243. And 12/17hmr and they all interchange. I think the 410 used a smaller width receiver so maybe the centerfire bbls won't interchange.
Zippidydoodah

Post by Zippidydoodah »

I think the hinge pin to breech distance is longer on the wizard design. You could 3d print it out and then take it to a machine shop and have them make the new hinge length mount for you.
vvllbs

Post by vvllbs »

Thanks, I haven't tried the 243 barrel yet on any of my frames yet. I will measure the 22/410, 45 Black Powder and I have a parts gun (Rossi 520??) that it may fit too. I will try to see if I get a lock up today. Main problem is that I only have one forearm and three frames/buttstocks. Maybe I should buy an ATI stock set just for fitting purposes. Rossi wood is hard to find!!