New/old muzzleloader design like H&R 58cal with Ithac lever

Value priced adult & youth top break handguns, rifles, & shotguns chambered for centerfire & rimfire cartridges as well as shotshells. These arms are offered as single chamberings as well as a Matched Pair, Pick Four combinations, Trifecta, & the Wizard.
Zippidydoodah

New/old muzzleloader design like H&R 58cal with Ithac lever

Post by Zippidydoodah »

:D I have had a few single shot break actions all the way from my first, a st.louis arms 410 several 20 and 12 ga marlin, h&r, winchestrr, etc. I like the light weight, safety, and short size of these guns.my .58 h&r muzzleloader was a better design than conventional inlines and had scope mount. I also hsd the Ithaca lever action model 66 and loved the handle to break the action.
With all the cowboy action and love for lever actions , it would be an easy conversion for Rossi to come out with a cowboy action 50 ca lever action muzzleloader. They could also easily do a 45 cal. They would be sweet looking and good shooting. I'd buy one for sure.
What do you think? Maybe ranch dog could come with some new muzzle loader bullet designs.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New/old muzzleloader design like H&R 58cal with Ithac le

Post by Ranch Dog »

Funny thing, but I've been thinking the same as I have been studying the Wizard Single Shots. Just something with a bit of a traditional look rather than the "electric guitar" looking stock (borrowed that set of terms from a Pricedo post!). I really like the concept of the Wizard and its utility not to send the rifle back for fitting but...

Oh, not going to be much more coming from Ranch Dog Outdoors as I'm winding the business down.
Michael
Zippidydoodah

Post by Zippidydoodah »

I also had an Ithaca 22 single shot lever action that was a sweet little handling gun. It had a drop action breech that pivoted down exposing the chamber. It had a short 18" barrel but was a very accurate shooter for its small size. It was my go to gun to dispatch pesky squirrels and such. It would be an easy gun for Rossi to introduce to new young shooters since they already have the barrels and receivers, but I think Ithaca had introduced theirs in the 60's when the Rifleman tv program was popular. I've had a few interesting guns like the little 22 that disassembled and slid into the plastic stock, and the cz scout that was an over-uner 22/410 and 22hornet/410 that folded in half. Unfortunately they were not accurate to keep. Their design concept was interesting. I haven't seen them for sale for awhile although the 22 that had plastic stock is still on market (limitedto backpackers/survival)
I think most new designs will come as collaboration with bullet manufacturer such as Hornady now. They came out with the 17 hmr and mach2 and their leverrevolution plastic tips for lever actions.
I still would like to see someone come out with another .204 rimfire magnum. Performance of the original remington was superior to 22 mag and should be perfect to use in rossi break action rifles
The 17 is fast but is so light I think wind would be a big factor. The the .204 bullet ballistically should be better than both the 22 and 17. It would again expose the gun manufacturers into a new market.
Zippidydoodah

Post by Zippidydoodah »

ImageImageImage
A few pics of my Marlin model 200 12 ga with color case-hardened receiver. Nice coloring and is nicer than the plain blued receivers. May add $5 to cost of manufacture. Nostalgic look. I believe the Marlin to be an H&R clone rather than their manuf. nice light handling with sling too.