Please share thoughts on SS 223

Value priced adult & youth top break handguns, rifles, & shotguns chambered for centerfire & rimfire cartridges as well as shotshells. These arms are offered as single chamberings as well as a Matched Pair, Pick Four combinations, Trifecta, & the Wizard.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: Please share thoughts on SS 223

Post by akuser47 »

People have shimmed the mainspring assemble to add tension. Don't think it really worked if I remember correctly.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Ohio357MagFan

Post by Ohio357MagFan »

Ranchdog,

I checked the 2015 online catalog and indeed the entire single shot line is gone, they are still listed on their website though. I called rossi customer service and they told me they are still making the single shots.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Wow so they didn't even bother to list it in their catalog. Hmmm? Curious on that.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Ohio357MagFan wrote:Ranchdog,

I checked the 2015 online catalog and indeed the entire single shot line is gone, they are still listed on their website though. I called rossi customer service and they told me they are still making the single shots.
I will believe what the catalog says. The web site is very slow to update and this exact same thing happened last year with the Wizard. Taurus went through a corporate sale this past year and is now Forjas Taurus Sa. They really hit the Taurus lineup hard for 2015. Based on the news I've been reading about the hacking going on within the corporation, I'm surprised the Rossi line survived.

Michael
Ohio357MagFan

Post by Ohio357MagFan »

Ok I got an update,

When I called Rossi customer service yesterday I got a man and he just laughed when I asked if their whole single shot line is discontinued. I just called again and got a woman and she was much nicer, when I asked she said they still make the single shots so I pressed her to look deeper so she puts me on hold to ask a manager, she comes back on the line after a few min and had a sad tone and said yes my manager confirmed they are discontinued and said she was caught off guard and they weren't told, u could tell she was genuinely shocked. So it's a sad day, budget single shots from both rossi and h&r are gone.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

It is a crying shame that the employees, especially Customer Service employees, are the last to know!
Michael
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

I just did a Gun Broker search for Rossi Single Shots and there was only one page of rifles listed, 25 to be exact not a full page. When I was looking for a particular model, it was typical to get three pages of results. If this is what you want, I would buy it when you see it. The search results never provided many used rifles.
Michael
Ohio357MagFan

Post by Ohio357MagFan »

Ranch Dog,
I'm going to pass, I just get a bad gut feeling about the way things were handled with the company and I know enough about business to know they were all discontinued because they simply didn't sell well. I've been doing research and it seems like cva is now the only budget single shot and I got to handle their 243, it felt really solid so I'm going to wait till they come out with a 223. I'm seriously tempted to get their ss 44 mag just can't find one anywhere
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Ohio357MagFan wrote:Ranch Dog,
I'm going to pass, I just get a bad gut feeling about the way things were handled with the company and I know enough about business to know they were all discontinued because they simply didn't sell well. I've been doing research and it seems like cva is now the only budget single shot and I got to handle their 243, it felt really solid so I'm going to wait till they come out with a 223. I'm seriously tempted to get their ss 44 mag just can't find one anywhere
I hear you. I figured that Rossi made the Single Shots for several decades and they should be absolutely trouble free. I would like to buy one of these R308MBS but I'm scared of it honestly. RTP has sold a bunch of these but I know my luck as well. These are marked "Wizards" but they are the Single Shot, new old stock. This model was discontinued about 2012.

I have several email notices set up for the CVA 44 Mag Hunter and will buy one when notified that they are in stock.
Michael
Ohio357MagFan

Post by Ohio357MagFan »

Ranch Dog,

Whats your thoughts on the CVA hunter 44 mag? I haven't had a chance to hold one or see one in person yet but my local shop has a lot of their single shot 243's and they sure feel good to me.