Wizard gun platform, any problems

Value priced adult & youth top break handguns, rifles, & shotguns chambered for centerfire & rimfire cartridges as well as shotshells. These arms are offered as single chamberings as well as a Matched Pair, Pick Four combinations, Trifecta, & the Wizard.
Zippidydoodah

Wizard gun platform, any problems

Post by Zippidydoodah »

I bought a wizzard barrel in 270 win and thought it would fit my rossi 12 ga/ 17hmr combination gun. Why ghey didn't make them compatible, forces me to start another series. I'm already heavy into contenders but thought the wizzard pistol looked good.
Question is are all the kinks out of the wizzard design or are there some common problems. Contenders are good but have to go into encore for the heavy hitters. Rj
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Wizard gun platform, any problems

Post by Ranch Dog »

Zippidydoodah wrote:I bought a wizzard barrel in 270 win and thought it would fit my rossi 12 ga/ 17hmr combination gun. Why ghey didn't make them compatible, forces me to start another series. I'm already heavy into contenders but thought the wizzard pistol looked good.
Question is are all the kinks out of the wizzard design or are there some common problems. Contenders are good but have to go into encore for the heavy hitters. Rj
I had an interest in the Wizard chambered in 45-70, or at least my interest is more in the cartridge than the rifle but thought I would try one. Seem that they do not offered the rifle with that barrel so I would have had to buy another cartridge, then the 45-70 but that it would not need to be returned.

This forum is still in it's infancy and you would be our Wizard guru in that you have been the only member that owns the product, or at least a barrel. Please let us know what you decide to do and how it works out.

So, I didn't think that the TCs needed to go back. Tell me more?
Michael
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

I went to Budsguns to double check what I just posted and see that I was wrong. Since I talked with Rossi on this subject, 45-70s are in stock. I'm picking up a new Rossi this week but the the 45-70 Wizard is now on my buy list.
Michael
Zippidydoodah

Post by Zippidydoodah »

I had a chance to buy the wizard in 243/30-06, but already own several in those as well as 45-70. Looking for something in between, maybe .375 win or 38-55. Should be accurate and in between the others
dpe.ahoy
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by dpe.ahoy »

Get a barrel in 30-30, (or smaller case i.e.. 223), and send it off to be re-bored/ re-chambered. Then you would have a one-of-a-kind Wizard. ;) DP
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

Hope the Rossi Wizard 45-70s are as strong as the NEF "Handi Rifle" in that caliber.
The NEF single shot break-open actions are really strong.
I've shot some pretty heavy loads in mine & I still have the gun.
Good low cost "around the cottage" gun where Black Bears are a problem.
Think the NEF company was bought by the Cerberus/Remington group :evil: ........NEF......RIP.

How strong are the Rossi Wizard 45-70 rifles?
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

pricedo wrote:How strong are the Rossi Wizard 45-70 rifles?
It is shooting to 60.0 KPSI in the .243, 270 Win (65.0 KPSI), 308 Win, and 30-06. Didn't mind my 444 Marlin loads today! :o
Michael