New Matched Pair 223 POA vs. POI Issue

Value priced adult & youth top break handguns, rifles, & shotguns chambered for centerfire & rimfire cartridges as well as shotshells. These arms are offered as single chamberings as well as a Matched Pair, Pick Four combinations, Trifecta, & the Wizard.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: New Matched Pair 223 POA vs. POI Issue

Post by akuser47 »

Ranch Dog wrote:
enrique estrada wrote:we where at 25 yards ...
Ok, does the shot group respond to windage adjustment at all? What kind of scope is it? There is always a possibility that the scope is bad.
Or the scope base can be loose or canted. Even if it's tight. The base can get torqued to offset the scope.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
enrique estrada

Post by enrique estrada »

its a new nikko sterling nighteater 2.5x10x42 off a howa 243
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

enrique estrada wrote:hey ranch dog ... i jus did the deal were u set it against a mirror and its offf big time ... ?? i see what ur telling me !!
Okay. Bore sight it now and if an excessive windage correct is needed I think I would send it back to Rossi if they will handle the shipping both ways. The Burris Signature Zee's are going to set up back about $80 so on this price range of a rifle it is not a good deal. Let Rossi put a new barrel on it if it isn't right.

Another trick to check the holes that are drilled in the barrel are to use a simple plumb line. Run a string from the middle of the barrel at the muzzle to the middle of the breach. Be very careful to get your string in the middle of both. Secure it with tape and check the holes. If they are off take a picture to include with your return.
Michael
enrique estrada

well i teies it agian .. and went out and shot and got same results .. went back home .. mounted a differnt scope and boresighted went out and shot it and it did same thing its off to the left 6-8 inches plus .. so im sending rossi in ..
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

enrique estrada wrote:well i teies it agian .. and went out and shot and got same results .. went back home .. mounted a differnt scope and boresighted went out and shot it and it did same thing its off to the left 6-8 inches plus .
Just checking that you tried you did try to move the Point of Impact (POI) right by adjusting the windage 72 to 96 clicks (based on the 6" to 8") right? I mention this because your posts don't mention your effort to adjust windage. You state that you bore sight the rifle and then shoot it but no mention of correcting the POI.
enrique estrada wrote: .. so im sending rossi in ..
Take a look at this topic: RD Had Another Warranty Claim
Michael
enrique estrada

[emoji106]
enrique estrada

no i didnt try adjusting but the night before we did. ... and never had any luck ... ... i actually had rifle alreay wrapped up in box with shipping lable yesturday .. n i pulled it out centered scope and boresighted at 25 yards and went out and shot at 25 yards ... didnt have any luck so my buddy said lets go back take scope off my 30/06 .. center it and mount it .. boresight and went out and we only stood 15-20 yards. i shot a round and he shot a round and it was still off the same ... so we didnt bother adjusting anymore
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Okay, good luck on the return and we will look forward to your report on the return.
Michael
enrique estrada

thank you sir ... u also have been lots of help .. im new to all this .. and having lots of fun lol !!!! when i called rossi .. they were pretty nice too !!
enrique estrada

hey ranch dog .. can i get a heavy barrel for the rossi ?? mine is the S20223RBS model