Rifle calibers list

Value priced adult & youth top break handguns, rifles, & shotguns chambered for centerfire & rimfire cartridges as well as shotshells. These arms are offered as single chamberings as well as a Matched Pair, Pick Four combinations, Trifecta, & the Wizard.
SAN14

Rifle calibers list

Post by SAN14 »

New here on this site. Tried to find a list of the rifle calibers offered in the past on the Single Shot models and which ones may be (somewhat) interchangeable with my .223 bbl./ frame. Mine has shown very good accuracy contrary to some other owners results. Thanks!
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: Rifle calibers list

Post by akuser47 »

Welcome, I don't believe they are interchangeable unless you have the wizard. Those are discontinued. So barrels are getting a harder to find in certain calibers. Keep us posted.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

You will see some barrels sold on eBay but individual barrels where never sold outside of the pairs and triples offered. So that means that most of the barrels you do see are shotgun and muzzleloaders. AK is right, the single shot was never intended anything but a single unless it was matched for a pair or triple.
Michael
Zippidydoodah

Post by Zippidydoodah »

I have five and all will interchange. I know they said they weren't interchangeable but I believe that was a marketing ploy in order to introduce the wizard series.i have the 17hmr/12ga; 243/20 ga; 30-06/12ga; 12slug/50bpx2.
All fit up/lock up tight and have interchanged bbls across frames. The wizard had a longer hinge pin distance probably to accommodate the magnum case lengths. The 22lr/410 may not be compatible with the other combo series as it went on the small frame receivers, otherwise if you find a good price on a barrel, it should(might) work.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

That's interesting thanks for sharing this. I'm shocked they all are compatible.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Zippidydoodah

Post by Zippidydoodah »

I can't confirm they are all compatible, but the five of mine are. I originally thought the wizard series would be the way to go, but lack of barrels and commitment on their part hurt.Cva has a similar design, could even be made by Rossi.
SAN14

Post by SAN14 »

Thanks for the replies so far. What I'm trying to find out is; what calibers were available that are compatable
with my receiver. What would REALLY tickle me: a 357 Mag. bbl!
jdb

Post by jdb »

SAN14 wrote:Thanks for the replies so far. What I'm trying to find out is; what calibers were available that are compatable
Ya might take your receiver to a gun show San. A few of them usually show up at the bigger shows. Maybe someone will let you try one on your receiver? That would tell ya what ya need to know and you could start looking for a barrel.
"As to the species of exercise, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind." Thomas Jefferson
SAN14

Post by SAN14 »

jdb wrote:
SAN14 wrote:Thanks for the replies so far. What I'm trying to find out is; what calibers were available that are compatable
Ya might take your receiver to a gun show San. A few of them usually show up at the bigger shows. Maybe someone will let you try one on your receiver? That would tell ya what ya need to know and you could start looking for a barrel.
Thanks for the idea. We have a show coming up in a few weeks and my son will have a table there.

And I totally forgot about the 7.62x39 chambering. That would be sweet too!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Zippidydoodah wrote:Cva has a similar design, could even be made by Rossi.
I actually did the CVA research before buying the Hunter Compact chambered in 35 Rem and all the rifles are made in Spain. Okay, now everyone should know that I'm a Rossi guy but honestly, I cannot recommend buying the Rossi product after owning a CVA… there simply is no comparison in quality.

I no longer own the Hunter, I gave it to my best friend. The compact was simply too small for me and I wished I had bought the standard rifle. :? Here is the chart I made to compare the rifles.
cva.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Michael