The Wonderful(?) Wizard of Brazil

Value priced adult & youth top break handguns, rifles, & shotguns chambered for centerfire & rimfire cartridges as well as shotshells. These arms are offered as single chamberings as well as a Matched Pair, Pick Four combinations, Trifecta, & the Wizard.
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Re: The Wonderful(?) Wizard of Brazil

Post by Archer »

A pause for the COZ wrote:Hey great write up.
I happen to have a Wizard in 45-70 coming next week.
Figured it would be a good way to get my feet wet loading and shooting 45-70.
Ordered it early last fall from Bud's. They were offering a pretty good price with 180 day LayAWay.
I ordered the Wizard thinking barrel swaps would be awesome... Maybe even find a barrel blank to get one chambered to 327 mag.
Then I found out it was discontinued :-( Bummer... explains the fire sale price from Bud's.

Cant wait to shoot it. Purchased three boxes of 45-70 ammo to try and also to save the brass.
That cost more than the gun.
There's a number of us on the forum who reload .45-70.
I've found factory brass can be very thin and delicate.
One of these days I'm going to get around to getting several hundred Starline cases.
The price of factory ammo is more than 50% higher than when I bought my Winchester 1886!
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

Possum Jr,

If you feel like it sometime I'd like a rundown on the Caldwell bipod.
Around here Harris is the go to 'affordable' version and Caldwell gets a nose turned up quick.
Your impressions and comments on durability would be nice to have.
Ohio3Wheels
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

Welcome fellow wizard shooter. I've got one with both the 243 and the 45-70 barrels. Currently working on loads for the 45-70. It will likely be my gun for deer season this fall. Gotta' replace the sight hate mine. Don't find them at all easy to adjust. May be just me. I've tried several factory load in the beast. Hornady Leverolution - hated 'em ferocious recoil and short brass. UltraMax cowboy great round comfortable to shoot off the bench and consistent, plus Starline brass. Privi Partisan the jury is still out first round that I fired after a long string of other stuff stuck in the chamber and of course I didn't have a cleaning rod with me :oops: .

The 243 I've so far shot 90 and 100 grain Privi in it seems to like the 90 the 100 opened up a bit. Twist may be a little slow for heavier bullets - jury is still out.

Have fun, make smoke,
Curt... makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time Image
vvllbs

Post by vvllbs »

There is a guy in Hawaii who remedied his stock, I'll see if I can find the picture