FTF

Value priced adult & youth top break handguns, rifles, & shotguns chambered for centerfire & rimfire cartridges as well as shotshells. These arms are offered as single chamberings as well as a Matched Pair, Pick Four combinations, Trifecta, & the Wizard.
sherman

FTF

Post by sherman »

My Rossi failed to fire again at the range this morning. It fired all my reloades( 20 ) times but will not fire factory federal ammo mis fired 4 times I'm so tired of this rifle I guess it will be the next to go.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: FTF

Post by akuser47 »

Sorry to hear it. The singles seem to have light strikes alot
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

sherman wrote:I'm so tired of this rifle I guess it will be the next to go.
I hear you. I 've started having the same issue with my R762 despite thinking I solved it. Light strikes have returned with a vengeance. My FFL is out on vacation or it would already be gone!
Michael
Tuco Ramirez
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by Tuco Ramirez »

Is this something that happen from the start? Does the main spring have any adjustment?
When you have to Shoot; shoot, don't talk.......
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Tuco Ramirez wrote:Is this something that happen from the start? Does the main spring have any adjustment?
Not really, I documented a number of things here that I have done to this rifle and it works for a while and then the light hammer strikes reappear. It has just gotten really old and I no longer trust it to take hunting. That is the point that I call it quits.
Michael
Tuco Ramirez
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by Tuco Ramirez »

If Rossi can't or won't fix it let me know, I need a project gun to challenge myself. I beat the FTF issue with the Rio Grange so I know I can beat a single shot.....lol.

mr surveyor
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by mr surveyor »

Several years ago I bought a bull barreled H&R "Varminter" in .223 thinking I could turn it into a 300 yard hog gun (steel core ammo/head shots). After the first 40 rounds of breaking in the barrel it started having light strikes. I studied it a bit and could tell the hammer was dragging on the left side a bit and my ffl buddy shipped it back to the mothership (I think Remington had taken over H&R about that time?). I think they shimmed the hammer and all was well ... except the gun never shot better than 2 moa consistently. Traded it for something else and never looked back.

Could the Rossi light strikes be curable by something as simple as hammer shims?

JD
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guns - They aren't really yours until you void the warranty!
Tuco Ramirez
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by Tuco Ramirez »

The only way to know for sure is process of elimination. Make one adjustment at a time and test fire it. This issue is not only with our firearms, even the big boys are having more and more issues. Heck I was just on one of the big boy sites a while back and even they had a big disclaimer that no bashing of their brand would be allowed.

In order to turn a profit all of them are turning to injected parts from multiple manufacturer's. Quality control is no longer job #1. Not sure what more folks are facing in their area but finding a gun smith in my area who is not already 6+ months behind is impossible. It is really a dying trade from what I have read and seen myself. One of the biggest reasons listed is liability.

enrique estrada

Post by enrique estrada »

hey ... i bought a match pair with 223 and 20g barrel .. 223 was way off so i sent it in and a week later they sent it back with new barrel n i go out to shoot it and it miss fires ... .. out of 14 rounds it shot 3 ..do u know of anything i can do or what my be causing this ??
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Out of the box thinking if you reload maybe use small pistol primers. Softer cups just watch for push back and see if this makes it a winner.
I've tried this with ar15 but military spec pin punches through Small pistol primer. Only telling what I've done. Not to do. Do under your own risk. I did it because of lack of srp.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!