LGS has a 243/20 Ga Combo

Value priced adult & youth top break handguns, rifles, & shotguns chambered for centerfire & rimfire cartridges as well as shotshells. These arms are offered as single chamberings as well as a Matched Pair, Pick Four combinations, Trifecta, & the Wizard.
klr
250 Shots
250 Shots

LGS has a 243/20 Ga Combo

Post by klr »

I stopped at the local gun shop looking for a 92. Only thing they had was a .243/20 ga combo. Black stock, used but looked new, and $220. Likely I could get it for $200. So I have a few questions:

Is there any demand for the shotgun barrels? Selling the barrel would make the total cost of the rifle more attractive to me.

I know that only Rossi can fit a new barrel, but has anyone done it? Yes, I know the headspace must be correct, but there are skilled craftsmen out there and figure someone must have figured it out.

What is the accuracy like on these? I know some of the h&r handi rifles are tack drivers.

For $220 I can have it bored out to 358 winchester. Might be fun.

Edit: Then again, I just checked and a H&R in 35 Whelen goes for $206 at Buds gun shop.
singleshot92

Re: LGS has a 243/20 Ga Combo

Post by singleshot92 »

I don't know about the 243 but my 20 ga that came in a combo with 44 mag is wonderful! I'm printing .600 roundballs ~ 4" at 75 yards. Took it to the skeet range and tore it up! I'm really happy with that barrel. I'd keep it.