Wizard Dropped From 2014 Line up!

Value priced adult & youth top break handguns, rifles, & shotguns chambered for centerfire & rimfire cartridges as well as shotshells. These arms are offered as single chamberings as well as a Matched Pair, Pick Four combinations, Trifecta, & the Wizard.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Wizard Dropped From 2014 Line up!

Post by Ranch Dog »

tombstone.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Michael
Zippidydoodah

Re: Wizard Dropped From 2014 Line up!

Post by Zippidydoodah »

I guess their marketing department learned another lesson. Don't duplicate something you all ready have. The standard line did what the wizard did even though their hype said you had to send it back for fitting. Owners that have more than one will figure it out for themselves.
Now all we have to do is convince them to sell all the different barrels available they have made over the years. They'll end up selling more in the long run. I want one in 7.62x 39. 44 mag, 357,etc.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Zippidydoodah wrote:Now all we have to do is convince them to sell all the different barrels available they have made over the years. They'll end up selling more in the long run. I want one in 7.62x 39. 44 mag, 357,etc.
I don't think anyone could convince Rossi to do anything! The 44 Mag Wizard barrel is available through the RossiUSA online store. I think we can forget about the 357 Mag and 7.62x39.
Michael
morayman

Post by morayman »

WOW!! I didn't see that one comming! I'm glad I got mine when I did.I'm still gathering components for the 45-70 so I can shoot it.Big thing is powder now.I wonder if the price will jump up on them now? morayman...........
"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized
nation has full gun registration! Our streets will be safer, our police
more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future."
--Adolf Hitler, 1935.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

morayman wrote:I wonder if the price will jump up on them now?
I really doubt it. If you look at the Single Shot rifles that have been dropped, 308 Win as an example, prices for NIB rifles are slightly less than they were when they were cataloged.

Rossi has missed an opportunity with the chaos created by the Remington/Marlin change. May be not so much for the Wizard but for sure in their Single Shot line.
Michael
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

I'm an engineer not an economist but you don't need a MBA to realize that the product was dropped because of lack of sales......that could be product or market related.

Rossis rep for "iffy" NIB quality was no doubt a factor.

Still seeing lots of H&R single shot rifles in the internet and hard copy catalogs.

Cheap single shot rifles should be gaining in market share in this hard economy you'd think.

Two golden opportunities to capture market share missed......the Marlin & NEF takeovers.

If I was a major shareholder I'd be looking at my senior managers including the CEO with the view to some shuffling & firing in key positions before the company went under.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
penser7777

Post by penser7777 »

This sux! I have a Wizard in 22-250 and 270 win and I was just getting them dialed in really accurate. I was in the market for more barrels.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Barrels are still readily available for most of the offerings; first stops would be the RossiUSA web store, ebay, and gunbroker.
Michael