Light Hammer Strikes

Value priced adult & youth top break handguns, rifles, & shotguns chambered for centerfire & rimfire cartridges as well as shotshells. These arms are offered as single chamberings as well as a Matched Pair, Pick Four combinations, Trifecta, & the Wizard.
Zippidydoodah

Re: Light Hammer Strikes

Post by Zippidydoodah »

I have bought some hornady round nose in 8mm (150 gr) that had the same nose profile as the privi. I think Weatherby used a lot of round nose in 257 and 270 which I thought odd at that time since I was used to spire points for long range but the round nose probably expand easier.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Light Hammer Strikes

Post by Ranch Dog »

Zippidydoodah wrote:I have bought some hornady round nose in 8mm (150 gr) that had the same nose profile as the privi. I think Weatherby used a lot of round nose in 257 and 270 which I thought odd at that time since I was used to spire points for long range but the round nose probably expand easier.
This ammo has caused me to remember the same; all the Xmm cartridges (7 & 8mm Mauser, etc.) of my youth where shown with RN exposed lead core ammo and, yes, same with the 257 Roberts.
Michael