tang sights

Value priced adult & youth top break handguns, rifles, & shotguns chambered for centerfire & rimfire cartridges as well as shotshells. These arms are offered as single chamberings as well as a Matched Pair, Pick Four combinations, Trifecta, & the Wizard.
morayman

tang sights

Post by morayman »

Has anyone ever tried putting tang sights on thier Wizard? I know they don't have a tang,but if you mounted one on the scope rail....??? Would that work? It would be easily removed if you didn't like it or it didn't work out.I'm new to Wizards and was just thinking..morayman.........
"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized
nation has full gun registration! Our streets will be safer, our police
more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future."
--Adolf Hitler, 1935.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: tang sights

Post by Ranch Dog »

The Skinner Peep made for the TC Encore and Rossi Single Shots would fit. I bought one but for the life of me, don't remember why elected not to use it.
Michael
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Ranch Dog wrote:The Skinner Peep made for the TC Encore and Rossi Single Shots would fit. I bought one but for the life of me, don't remember why elected not to use it.
Oh, here is why: Skinner Peep For Wizard or Single Shot
Michael
morayman

Post by morayman »

I was thinking of something like a Ladder sight or a vernier adjustable tang sight,would that work? morayman.........
--Adolf Hitler, 1935.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

morayman wrote:I was thinking of something like a Ladder sight or a vernier adjustable tang sight,would that work? morayman.........
You might google what is available, if any, for the TC Encore. That is the firearm that the Wizard draws from.

Speaking of which, I almost bought an Encore a week or two ago. It had a 16 1/4" barrel chambered in 35 Rem. Pretty sporty looking and I like the cartridge for sure. $400.
Michael
morayman

Post by morayman »

Those Encores are nice looking rifles for sure.I'll stay with my Wizard though since I only have one and the Encore is a lot pricier than the Wizard.I'd still like one though,you can never have too many guns! morayman............
--Adolf Hitler, 1935.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

morayman wrote:Those Encores are nice looking rifles for sure.I'll stay with my Wizard though since I only have one and the Encore is a lot pricier than the Wizard.I'd still like one though,you can never have too many guns! morayman............
You missed what I was saying. Search for tang sights that fit the Encore, they will probably fit the Wizard. There is no aftermarket support for the WIzard.
Michael
morayman

Post by morayman »

I picked up a ladder style tang sight pretty cheap so I'll look it over when it gets here and see if there is a way to make it work without going to too much extremes.I really couldn't find anything for the Wizard or I really didn't see anything for the Encore that was what I wanted.Sometimes it's fun to get into unknown territory and see if you can come out smelling like a rose or a turd! morayman...........
--Adolf Hitler, 1935.