Single Shots Explained

Value priced adult & youth top break handguns, rifles, & shotguns chambered for centerfire & rimfire cartridges as well as shotshells. These arms are offered as single chamberings as well as a Matched Pair, Pick Four combinations, Trifecta, & the Wizard.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Single Shots Explained

Post by Ranch Dog »

pricedo wrote:I don't own either but I'm betting that the Wizard is a heck of a lot cheaper than the T/C Encore with not a whole lot if any difference in quality. :mrgreen:
Last time I looked the T/C Encores were way overpriced :evil: ............that's why I don't own one. :mrgreen:
Yeap!
Michael
Zippidydoodah

Post by Zippidydoodah »

I have owned a few Rossi single shots from 17hmr, 22rf 12 and 20 gage and 243 and 30-06. Mostly I bought as combo guns and never thought to try and swap out barrels until last week. Well, guess what, they fit and lock up just as the original barrels do .
I think it was more a market ploy to create a separate series to promote the interchangeable feature. I am pleased with the synthetic stocks and simple design. They come with a handy carry case, what more could you ask for ? With 4 barrels I have 2 guns that are less than a third the price of the encore series.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Zippidydoodah wrote:Mostly I bought as combo guns and never thought to try and swap out barrels until last week. Well, guess what, they fit and lock up just as the original barrels do.
Thanks for confirming that. You will find a lot of Single Shot barrels available on eBay. The only thing you need to watch for is whether the barrel is for the Youth or Adult rifle unless you have forearms for both. The Youth is 9 1/2" lug to breech and the Adult is 11" for the same points.

In that,at this time, every part on a Single Shot rifle is restricted, I have been buying parts that I think I might need off of eBay. Lucky I did, I had bought a trigger guard for $15 and durn if I didn't drop my 7.62X39 and break it. The guard hit square the the bench a snapped. It super glued right together and I will replace it after hunting season but it is nice to have every little part on the rifle available without much money it inventory.
Michael
f100cleveland

Post by f100cleveland »

Can you tell me if a barrel off a rifle will fit on my matched pistol frame. I would love a 7.62x39 pistol.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

f100cleveland wrote:Can you tell me if a barrel off a rifle will fit on my matched pistol frame. I would love a 7.62x39 pistol.
I suspect it would as the receiver should be the same. You would need to a forearm stock. What is the breech to lug distance on your pistol barrels?
Michael
f100cleveland

Post by f100cleveland »

Breech to lug is 5 13/16th. I was thinking I could have a new lug welded on to fit either my 45/.410 forearm or .22 forearm
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

f100cleveland wrote:Breech to lug is 5 13/16th. I was thinking I could have a new lug welded on to fit either my 45/.410 forearm or .22 forearm
You would probably need to watch eBay for a cheap barrel to remove the lug from as I suspect that you would not be able to buy the lug from Rossi.
Michael