RD's Slug Gun

Value priced adult & youth top break handguns, rifles, & shotguns chambered for centerfire & rimfire cartridges as well as shotshells. These arms are offered as single chamberings as well as a Matched Pair, Pick Four combinations, Trifecta, & the Wizard.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: RD's Slug Gun

Post by Ranch Dog »

pricedo wrote:***In the USA is RDs gun indeed legally a shotgun since I believe that model has a RIFLED barrel :?:
Sorry I missed this, been busy farming. It is the ammo that decides which it is. I double checked this through the Gun Control Act. Ahhh, everyone of us has a pdf copy of this document on their computer... right?
shotgun_or_rifle.jpg
When it comes down to firearms such as the Circuit Judge, the BATF makes a determinate as to what it is. In that specific case, it was certified a rifle.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Michael
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

The CBP supervisor I asked was very definite about my 870 pump with the 12.5" barrel.
He said, "US citizen or not that gun isn't coming into the United States".
Neither of us had a pdf but I didn't see much latitude for leniency between the veins in those bulging eyes.:mrgreen:
Too bad because that gun would have been a perfect thick brush slug gun for hunting deer in Maine where I was headed at the time. It's sad that the behavior of criminals decides what guns the law abiding can carry. Short barreled guns are good for other things than robbing banks. They're very handy in thick brush where shooting ranges are short & they don't hang up in the brush like Pinocchio barreled guns do.

**I accept your version but for the sake of discussion I also noted the phrase "to fire through a smooth bore" in the pdf quote.
I was thinking the rifling (I'm assuming, perhaps erroneously, that the barrel in your slug gun is rifled) might make it a short barreled rifle thus reducing the minimum length to 16". :?:

You NEVER assume anything at the USA/CDN border. There are a lot of similarities between the two countries and a lot of differences as well. It's "the stuff I didn't know" that can get you locked up. Always check things out BEFORE attempting the crossing. US citizens crossing into Canada with handguns in their vehicles have wound up in the border post calaboose while things were straightened out. CBSA (Canadian border guards) have thin tolerances for anything involving guns.

It seems that the formula:
shotgun + hacksaw blade = short barreled shotgun
is lost on American lawmakers. If the crooks want a short barreled gun they'll make one.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

pricedo wrote:**I accept your version but for the sake of discussion I also noted the phrase "to fire through a smooth bore" in the pdf quote.
If you read the definition of what defines a rifle, It is the metallic cartridge. What might throw a wrench in the works is if I load the slugs in a brass case :?
Michael
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

I don't have the $200,000 it would take to pay a lawyer to argue those fine points in front of a federal judge.
In the meantime I would probably wind up remanded in custody as the ex-Mayor of Detroit's "celly" while the lengthy and arduous legal process proceeded. +corn
If in doubt I check it out with BATFE/RCMP and get it in writing BEFORE crossing with guns in either direction.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Tuco Ramirez
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by Tuco Ramirez »

pricedo wrote:I don't have the $200,000 it would take to pay a lawyer to argue those fine points in front of a federal judge.
In the meantime I would probably wind up remanded in custody as the ex-Mayor of Detroit's "celly" while the lengthy and arduous legal process proceeded. +corn
If in doubt I check it out with BATFE/RCMP and get it in writing BEFORE crossing with guns in either direction.

You don't want 3 hot's and a cot........ Free weight pit, free food and the best health care in the world also free........ :lol:
When you have to Shoot; shoot, don't talk.......
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson