Stainless Steel Magazine follower for Rio Grande in .30-30

Rossi's latest and past big game rifle based on the 336 frame!
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Stainless Steel Magazine follower for Rio Grande in .30-30

Post by pricedo »

When I was stripping, cleaning my Rossi Rio Grande in .30-30 WCF I found that it had a yellow plastic magazine follower. I personally haven't had a problem with plastic magazine followers in leverguns but heard from good sources that in the presence of oil & cleaning solvents plastic magazine followers can swell and break apart & cause an obstruction in the magazine tube over the long haul. I did not want that to tempt Murphy's Law and have a magazine obstruction happen at the worst possible time when I was levering a follow up shot on a buck so I decided to be proactive.

I had a few stainless steel magazine followers for various rifles in my spare parts drawer so I measured the plastic follower & found that the plastic magazine follower from my Rio Grande in .30-30 WCF was virtually identical dimensionally to the stainless steel follower that Steve Young of Steve Gunz of Texas makes for the .44/.45 caliber Rossi model 92s.

I installed the stainless steel follower and my Rio Grande cycles without a problem with several brands of ammunition I tested in the gun.
The .44/.45 magazine follower for the Rossi 92 that luckily fits the Rossi Rio Grande in .30-30 WCF is available for a modest price from Steve's Gunz of Texas. Steve operates a vendor website where Rossi rifle parts can be ordered using any of the common credit cards.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA