My forearm tip screw fell out!

Rossi's latest and past big game rifle based on the 336 frame!
sawzall

My forearm tip screw fell out!

Post by sawzall »

Well, the title says it all. The forearm tip screw fell out of my RG 45-70 and is gone. Anyone have measurements of said screw or know how I can get one up here in Canada? Freedom Ventures is the importer and distributor but they will not help me.
Ohio3Wheels
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Re: My forearm tip screw fell out!

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

I'm guessing Rossi isn't much help either. Not sure how the screw fits in the RG, but you might save time and frustration having it re-taped to something in the SAE system if there is enough meat around the hole to do that. If it's a standard metric thread a local big box might help. Don't know what you might have up your way.

Good luck.

Make smoke,
Curt... makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time Image
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

The Rio Grande and R92 use the same part for the Forearm Tip Screw. I can get you the size and pitch in the morning. How on earth did it fall out? The Rio Grande isn't as bad as the R92 but it is still a tight fit on my three RGs.
Michael
sawzall

Post by sawzall »

Ranch Dog wrote:The Rio Grande and R92 use the same part for the Forearm Tip Screw. I can get you the size and pitch in the morning. How on earth did it fall out? The Rio Grande isn't as bad as the R92 but it is still a tight fit on my three RGs.
I have no idea. Spent a weekend on horseback with the rifle riding in a scabbard (open end) and the last time I pulled it out the band was hanging from the front sight post and the screw was gone. Almost lost the band as well.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

It is a #6 screw but I'm a bit of a loss as to the thread. It is not a 40 or 48. I do have a used one that I will send you if you want. PM me with your mailing address.
Michael