marlin replacement part #s

Rossi's latest and past big game rifle based on the 336 frame!
ned3030

marlin replacement part #s

Post by ned3030 »

I read in a different post that the RG extrator and ejector are weak and likely to break and that the marlin 336 version of these parts are sturdier and fit the RG. Which marlin 336 version ejector and extractor fits in the RG 30-30? When i searched earlier it looks like there are many marlin versions. Ex: 336A, 336C, etc.

Thank you
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: marlin replacement part #s

Post by Ranch Dog »

ned3030 wrote:I read in a different post that the RG extrator and ejector are weak and likely to break and that the marlin 336 version of these parts are sturdier and fit the RG. Which marlin 336 version ejector and extractor fits in the RG 30-30? When i searched earlier it looks like there are many marlin versions. Ex: 336A, 336C, etc.

Thank you
I haven't had a problem with mine and I think I've had mine longer than anybody has reported here. I know Bud's told me that I had bought the first RG4570, the day they became available. I even have the Rossi parts as spares as that is what I do with rifles.

My Marlin's have spares as well and I have experienced failures of both parts with the Marlins. That is not a statement of the quality of the parts, just I have (don't have all that I once had) a large inventory of Marlins and stuff wears out. I've also had handguns and bolt guns fail.

Might just see how it goes. The Marlin parts are available via a lot of sources on short notice. I think Rossi is selling the parts again now. Might stock one of each if you are worried about it.

As far as part numbers go, a 336 is a 336 regardless of the alpha character attached.
Michael
ned3030

Post by ned3030 »

Thanks. Got a backup set on order. Seems like those may be the weak links in the RG... and of course the plastic mag follower. Plastic parts are made for toys! Have a SS version on order too. Glad i found this forum.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

ned3030 wrote:Glad i found this forum.
Thank you!
Michael
Mcnewzoo

Post by Mcnewzoo »

I'm wanting to replace the safety on my RG 45/70 with the stud like you can do on the Marlin. Anyone know where to get one ?