rainy day refit

Rossi's latest and past big game rifle based on the 336 frame!
Hellier

rainy day refit

Post by Hellier »

It was too wet and windy to do much so I pulled out the 30.30 lever and bolt and cleaned them and then took to any wear marks with a fine cut paste ...then another good clean and a lubè up....once back together I am suprised at the quickness of the action....by no means would I call it slicked.....but wow what a difference......I added a skinner sight too and hopefully this weekend will be a good one for sighting in....happy days
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: rainy day refit

Post by Ranch Dog »

Yeap, a good way to make the day productive. Rainy days are tend to be reloading days for me!
Michael
Hellier

Post by Hellier »

I am hoping to embark upon the reloading path soon ...a freind has all the gear and some time and patience....but it is virtually impossible at present to get powder at my local gun store....not much in the state of Queensland either apparently...go figure....anyway I got some snap caps for giggles and my son currently sits an cycles the action seeing how far he can eject cases across the loungeroom......still too wet and windy to do much hunting....even the dogs took refuge on the back balcony...
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Reloading would be a great activity for you and your son and it can start with a simple Lee Loader kit to get the job done. With the lack of components, get him to start learning how to adjust his ejection cycle effort so that he can catch the cartridge/case! That is skill that will truly judge a rifleman. With components as scarce as they are, you don't want to lose a single case.
Michael