Questions on my new .410

Rossi's latest and past big game rifle based on the 336 frame!
orygonian

Questions on my new .410

Post by orygonian »

Hi all, first post here. Lots of good info so far on this forum. I got my new stainless .410 the other day, nice looking gun I have to say. Not so nice internally though. Loading gate issues and extractor issues mainly. I am planning on buying a stainless follower and spring for the magazine along with a Marlin extractor. Any other parts that are commonly replaced on these while I'm at it? Just curios what other Marlin or aftermarket parts make the gun better. I don't mind spending a few bucks on it to get it to run right. I did strip and clean/lube it already. I was also wondering if the Steve's Gunz DVD applies to the .410 RG. I would rather do the work myself than send it back to Rossi. Gives me something to do in the shop during the winter months. Thanks in advance, Mark.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: Questions on my new .410

Post by akuser47 »

Welcome.
The steve's gun video is for the 92. But the Rio breaks down like the marlin336. I don't own one so cannot help much else.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Questions on my new .410

Post by Ranch Dog »

The magazine spring and follower is about it. I don't own the the .410 but do own three of the rifles and haven't seen the extraction problems on mine. The Steve Gunz video does not pertain to the RG at all.
Michael