RG .45-70 crown, and sights.

Rossi's latest and past big game rifle based on the 336 frame!
jh2oman

Re: RG .45-70 crown, and sights.

Post by jh2oman »

Indeed, the front sight was way too low, but the end of the barrel was finished with a convex radius. The extreme front end of the barrel was the lands of the rifling -- that's just crummy manufacturing. There was a slim chance one land could be tweaking the rounds high, but this situation had to be corrected anyway, so we elected to make the corrections in phases. The results in the end were worth it.
FYI, action just keeps getting slicker and slicker. Finding out I totally dislike the large bow lever. Anybody know if I can get a standard lever somewhere to fit?
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: RG .45-70 crown, and sights.

Post by Ranch Dog »

jh2oman wrote:Finding out I totally dislike the large bow lever. Anybody know if I can get a standard lever somewhere to fit?
The internal portion of the lever is quite a bit thinner than the lever used on the 30-30 Win rifle. That is how they get the big fat cartridge to move past it and to one side. I'm not sure that Rossi sells the levers, you would need to call them to ask. I had Mule Man Gun Works reduce the size of mine. I still wanted a larger lever than standard but not as big as comes from the factory.
Michael