Help! .410 feeding problem

Rossi's latest and past big game rifle based on the 336 frame!
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: Help! .410 feeding problem

Post by akuser47 »

Just be careful u can brittle temper it the parts can be iffy.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
308 One Shot

Post by 308 One Shot »

Well guys, I'm back after a trip to a welding shop( large sheet metal fabricating shop) and a little bead (maybe .020" on the lever on the "north" end of the lever. The first shop I stopped at wasn't sure they might not mess it up( not small enough wire) and make a blob on it. So I didn't chance it. So the second shop did great and they didn't even charge me for it( gun guys too). They were glad to do it. I got it home and filled and fitted and polished according to previous measurements taken with a micrometer before the weld and now the baby feeds perfectly. I'm waiting on a new extractor( Midway ) though as the original that I filed on doesn't extract every time after firing. It was doing great until firing a round( case expansion, I guess). I have read that the original (Rossi) extractor is kind of weak anyway So I feel confident that everything is going to fine. It was a little frustrating at times, but Ranch Dog gave me great directions on where to start out on this problem. For that I'm very appreciative. I learned something her and I hope hope everyone else reading this will learn from my problem. That's what this forum is all about, isn't it. Thanks guys Michael :D
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

I'm glad to hear you got her done.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
308 One Shot

Post by 308 One Shot »

I finally got the new extractor (stainless this time) from Midway and noticed it's a lot thicker than the Rossi factory one. I put it on and shot a few shells thru the Rio Grande SS and it's smooth and functions perfectly now. It's got great extraction with the new extractor too. Thanks again Michael