Ejector broke

Rossi's latest and past big game rifle based on the 336 frame!
donhuff
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Ejector broke

Post by donhuff »

Well dern it. It just fell out of the gun while I was checking some rounds for function. I under stand injection molding is a lot cheaper, but dangit, on a part that sees that much force a machined part would have to hold up better.

Guess I'll have to order one of the marlin ones from Numrich. Might as well get two cause I bet the one in my other Rio will break too. I think I might go ahead and get marlin extractors also cause the one in my 30-30 doesn't work all that well.
Don Huff

to bad those that know it all, cant do it all!
16" SS 92 357
20" BL 92 357
20" SS 92 44
20" BL 92 44
20" Bl 92 45C
20" Bl 92 454
SS Rio Grande 30-30
Bl Rio Grande 45-70
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Ejector broke

Post by Ranch Dog »

I think we are seeing more of this as the RGs are starting to get a greater round count through them.
Michael
Centaur 1
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Centaur 1 »

Both the ejector and extractor broke on my Rio Grande. I replaced both parts with new Marlin ones that I bought from Midway. The Marlin replacements are definitely made sturdier and they fit perfectly.
"We have federal regulations and state laws that prohibit hunting ducks with more than three rounds. And yet it's legal to hunt humans with 15-round, 30-round, even 150-round magazines." Senator Dianne Feinstein (D-California)
BeerHunter

Post by BeerHunter »

Replaced the Ejector on my RG4570S with a stainless Wild West Guns Ejector for a Marlin 336 and it's worked flawlessly. Haven't had any problems with the extractor but I don't have a high round count yet. Will look to replace it with a Marlin part if I do.

Love my RG4570S but the Braztech policy of "restricting" simple parts that are routinely removed during diassembly and cleaning (and potentially broken, worn, etc.) thus requiring the rifle be returned to the factory for replacement is absolutely absurd! As far as I'm concerned, Braztech is "dead to me"!
NRA-RSO, SAF, GOA, MSI, MSRPA, SLSC
FFL 03, MD Designated Regulated Firearms Collector

Love My RG4570S but until Braztech revises their "restricted" parts list, I'll not buy another or recommend the brand to anyone else.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Sound like if I ever get an RG I will have to buy some actaul marlin backup parts to go with it. Good to know that the marlin replacement parts work. Thanks to all that have found this.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

I've told dealers in the past about defective guns in their shop racks and haven't witnessed any overwhelming sense of urgency on the part of a single one of them to pull the gun off the rack so a future customer doesn't get stuck with it.
The last defective Marlin I found was yanked as soon as I mentioned it to the dealer. The lever catch was functional but three times stiffer than standard.

I hang around another shop entirely too much and I've seen them pull guns to be returned to sender before they ever got out of the back room to the display rack.

The worst one I recall was a Circuit Judge with cracked stock but I've seen several other less obvious problems flagged as well.
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

BeerHunter wrote:Replaced the Ejector on my RG4570S with a stainless Wild West Guns Ejector for a Marlin 336 and it's worked flawlessly. Haven't had any problems with the extractor but I don't have a high round count yet. Will look to replace it with a Marlin part if I do.

Love my RG4570S but the Braztech policy of "restricting" simple parts that are routinely removed during diassembly and cleaning (and potentially broken, worn, etc.) thus requiring the rifle be returned to the factory for replacement is absolutely absurd! As far as I'm concerned, Braztech is "dead to me"!
+1
Likewise...........won't buy a BrazTech firearm while the absurd "restricted" parts policy exists & I won't send any of my guns out to be destroyed by the ball peen & dremel crew at Rossi CS.

* wonder what happened to the catharsis CEO Kressner was purportedly undergoing in regards to the above mentioned policy? Seems like not much has changed. +corn +corn
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

pricedo wrote:* wonder what happened to the catharsis CEO Kressner was purportedly undergoing in regards to the above mentioned policy? Seems like not much has changed. +corn +corn
Have you called Rossi CS? Last week I did, they actually answered on the first ring. Got what I wanted.
Michael
BeerHunter

Post by BeerHunter »

Are you saying they no longer have ejectors and extractors, screws, springs, etc. as "restricted parts" requiring shipment of the firearm back to the factory? What part did you get?
NRA-RSO, SAF, GOA, MSI, MSRPA, SLSC
FFL 03, MD Designated Regulated Firearms Collector

Love My RG4570S but until Braztech revises their "restricted" parts list, I'll not buy another or recommend the brand to anyone else.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

BeerHunter wrote:Are you saying they no longer have ejectors and extractors, screws, springs, etc. as "restricted parts" requiring shipment of the firearm back to the factory? What part did you get?
I bought a bunch of screws used by the various models I own. I see a lot of speculation about the "restricted parts" but haven't seen any reports in the last 3 to 4 months (since the supposed change) where someone tried to purchase other parts. You don't see many reports of members actually calling customer service.

I have personally bought ejectors and other parts from Rossi Customer Service.
Michael