Headspace Issue

Rossi's latest and past big game rifle based on the 336 frame!
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: Headspace Issue

Post by akuser47 »

good info tuco thanks for taking the time to share it we are all learning on the journey here. +corn
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

I really liked the redneck headspace gauge. That is a real important tool as if you ever buy or rent the go or no go gauges you will read in the fine print that they don't make any guarantees that they will correctly measure headspace in anything but a bolt action rifle.
Michael
Tuco Ramirez
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by Tuco Ramirez »

State of the art tools are nice if you have them but not everyone can afford them. I watched a documentary with an undercover journalist that went into an area in Afghanistan that no one from the west was ever allowed to go. There in a mud hut with a dirt floor was a couple of old men and a child or two making AK-47's, handguns and reloading ammo with basic hand tools. There were no work benches so they were hammering on stuff using a rock as their work surface.

If they can do it this redneck's work area is a state of the art gun factory...... :lol:

Necessity is the mother of invention ;)
When you have to Shoot; shoot, don't talk.......
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

Jacko

Post by Jacko »

Tuco, thanks for your Post, you rang some Bells for me !

The Gunsmith started to tell me the Lever was not closing due to something with the Bolt and then he stopped mid sentence and said, or was that one of the Marlins. I reckon you have nailed it

regards Jacko
"To my deep mortification my father once said to me, 'You care for nothing but shooting, dogs and rat catching, and you will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family.' "

-Charles Darwin
Tuco Ramirez
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by Tuco Ramirez »

Your are welcome Jacko.... Have you had a chance to get it out and take it for a good run yet? Be interesting to see how it handles at the range.
When you have to Shoot; shoot, don't talk.......
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

Jacko

Post by Jacko »

I've been off work injured for the past 7 weeks and It will be a couple of weeks before I heal enough to get to the Range. Most frustrating ! as on top of getting this Rifle test fired I have a new 458400 Bullet Mould, loads to develop and a Hunt next month, I need to get some lead down Range.

regards Jacko
"To my deep mortification my father once said to me, 'You care for nothing but shooting, dogs and rat catching, and you will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family.' "

-Charles Darwin
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Jacko wrote:I've been off work injured for the past 7 weeks and It will be a couple of weeks before I heal enough to get to the Range. Most frustrating ! as on top of getting this Rifle test fired I have a new 458400 Bullet Mould, loads to develop and a Hunt next month, I need to get some lead down Range.

regards Jacko
Dang Jacko, hope you get back on your feet soon! take care of yourself.
Michael
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

agreed jacko I'm in a lounge useing my laptop and drinking one cold one for you. get well +guns
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!