Lemon?

Rossi's latest and past big game rifle based on the 336 frame!
bueller66

Re: Lemon?

Post by bueller66 »

YouTube Marlin 336 re-assembly pt 3 is great
Yeti575

Post by Yeti575 »

Thank you, Its back together and much smoother after a couple of hours of polishing and sanding. Still having a difficult time getting rounds into the magazine but at least they go in now. I think I will be ordering the magazine follower, after cleaning the tube I am still having the plastic piece hang up in one particular area of the tube. Thanks again to everybody for their help.
bueller66

Post by bueller66 »

cool!!!! My 410 was an absolute "mother" to load when it was brand new and I thought something must be wrong. But then I got to thinking it is just like any magazine when new....stiff. Then I thought of some gunners mates I knew well in the Navy....advice given....load the mag and keep it loaded so the spring softens up. After about a 100 rounds through the 410 it got much easier to load. Now with an estimated 300 plus..i quit keeping count....it loads so easy I don't even think about it anymore. Also my mag follower hung up at about round 3 until it really broke in.
bueller66

Post by bueller66 »

a brisk smack of the hand on the fore grip would free it....also when you actually start shooting the round going off will help free that follower up due to the round going off. hope this all helps!!! keep loading it, oiling it and cycling it. it will get better!!!!!!
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

bueller66 wrote:A thorough flushing of the mag tube with CNC Brakcleen then a liberal dose of Hoppes gun oil in the tube worked for me. My 410 did the exact same thing out of the box. Then I found this site and realized that all that shipping gunk had to be in that mag tube also. I had neglected to clean that area on unboxing. Once I flushed it and oiled it I coated 5 410 shells with gun oil and loaded them....let them sit in there for an hour then started working the action. I did this over and over till it started feeding clean.
When I saw the crud (a hard tenacious amalgam of cosmoline/dirt/rust flakes/machining grindings) in my first Rossi 92 the 357 Mag model I decided the best approach would be disassembly & cleaning. My RG/30-30 was also pretty dirt inside the receiver & mag tube. The metal needed to be scrubbed off with a small wire brush & a coarse bristle tooth brush. I used a gun cleaning rod and copper brushes on the inside of the mag tubes once they were off the guns. Once the parts were clean I deburred & polished them as well as the inside of the receiver. Can't see burrs if they're hidden under dirt & grease.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA