Rossi Lifetime Repair Policy?

Rossi's latest and past big game rifle based on the 336 frame!
G8R8U2

Rossi Lifetime Repair Policy?

Post by G8R8U2 »

I keep seeing conflicting information about the policy.

I recently put a RG4570B on layaway after looking on the Rossi site and seeing the Lifetime Repair badge below the picture, description, and specs.

When I talked to the retailer I also asked them if the rifle carried the Lifetime Repair policy before agreeing to the purchase and making my down payment; and she confirmed that it carried that policy too.

And all 3 of my Taurus handguns have the Lifetime policy of course.

But in another area of the Rossi site, it says long guns warranties are only good for a year from original date of purchase.

Can anyone clear that up for me?
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Rossi Lifetime Repair Policy?

Post by Ranch Dog »

Rossi Limited Warranty as documented in the Owner's Manual
  • Handguns - Ulimited Duration
  • Rifles - One year
Michael
Maximumbob54
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Maximumbob54 »

That button you saw under the rifle is VERY misleading as I once thought the same thing. Click it and it takes you to this page:

http://www.rossiusa.com/repair-policy.cfm

ROSSI REPAIR POLICY

ROSSI LONG GUN REPAIR POLICY

What does this warranty cover?
This warranty covers any service and repair needed by any product manufactured by Rossi, and imported by Braztech International L.C. or manufactured in the United States by Braztech International L.C.
How long does coverage last?
This policy is in effect for one year from the date of original purchase.
What will we do?
BrazTech will service and/or repair all covered products free of charge.
What does this warranty not cover?
This warranty does not cover grips, sights, accessories, or cosmetic defects after one year, or damage caused by customer abuse at any time. This express limited warranty is the only warranty on this product. This product is sold as is and has no implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. There are no warranties which extend beyond the description on the face hereof.
G8R8U2

Post by G8R8U2 »

That must have misled more than just me, too; because I've been reading several posts and threads where new owners have stated they chose their Rossi rifle because of the Lifetime Repair policy.

Also, as I said, the customer service rep at one of the biggest firearm retailers on the internet is under the impression that the policy is for life as well.

That it's only for a year is a little discouraging considering Marlin's is good for 5 times as long. And right now, an 1895 GBL is only $119 more than the Rio Grande; the additional 4 years of warranty is certainly worth at least that much, imho.

Guess I'll call Rossi tomorrow to make sure; but if that's accurate I think Taurus has a pretty serious consistency and advertising issue to resolve.

Thanks for the replies and clarification; I really wanted to stay with Taurus because my revolver and pistols have been good and the service policy can't be beat, but if the policy difference is that great between long guns and handguns, I may reconsider.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

rossi is owned by tuarus but it is i guess called a subdivision thus having it's own warranty
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

I own a gun store worth of Taurus handguns, my satisfaction with them is what led me to the Rossi long guns. Are you aware that the Taurus warranty does not include shipping to Taurus after the first year? That can be quite expensive. It recently cost me $62 to ship a handgun to them.

Me personally, I'm just not concerned with the warranty on any firearm I look at. After paying the shipping charge on that handgun, with the next failure, I will part the out the gun and buy another rather than send it back.
Michael
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

If you read the fine print on product warranties these days you'll see that they just about all have escape clauses in favor of the manufacturer that you could drive an 18-wheeler through.
I wish they would print the warranties on toilette tissue so then at least they'd be good for something.
In many cases the merchants have the audacity to try and sell you a so-called "extended warranty" at the cash register that is just as worthless as the primary warranty. :twisted:
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

Ranch Dog wrote:I own a gun store worth of Taurus handguns, my satisfaction with them is what led me to the Rossi long guns. Are you aware that the Taurus warranty does not include shipping to Taurus after the first year? That can be quite expensive. It recently cost me $62 to ship a handgun to them.

Me personally, I'm just not concerned with the warranty on any firearm I look at. After paying the shipping charge on that handgun, with the next failure, I will part the out the gun and buy another rather than send it back.
Reading that would put a smile on Kressners face as he thought out loud, "I wish all Taurus customers would do that".
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Maximumbob54
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Maximumbob54 »

Marlin warranty... :lol:

Oh wait, this isn't a joke thread. Go check out a new Remlin. I did. Want to buy a hardly used Remlin? I finally got mine back and was told it's in factory spec. This despite it doesn't feed, has the worst trigger I've ever felt on a rifle, won't eject, and just plain jams at every opportunity. I will never buy another Remington product again so long as I live. I almost want to sell the models I have now I'm so mad at this one rifle. The last time I took it to the range to test it after getting it back I wanted to bash it against a tree and leave it in the trash can. I paid good money for a boat anchor. My Rossi R92 is a hundred times the gun as that Remlin.
G8R8U2

Post by G8R8U2 »

Well, I have 4 other Taurus guns, and have only had to return 1 of them; but even after a year they readily sent me a prepaid shipping label.

And, after the repair was still unsatisfactory, they sent another prepaid shipping label to my local gun store, replaced the firearm with a brand new one, and covered the transfer fee... all before the faulty gun had even been shipped back to them. Turnaround time from date of first contact to new gun in my hands, 3 days. I literally got the new gun before the LGS had shipped the old one back. Davidsons, Taurus, and my LGS collaborated on that excellent service. Total cost to me: $1.50 in gas to make the 2 trips to my LGS.

That's the standard by which I judge all other manufacturers and retailers now.

What I've done today is confirm with Rossi that the warranty is, in fact, only good for the 1 year (and suggested they remove the Lifetime Repair badge from the rifle pages); but the retailer, who I've done business with before, did offer an extended warranty that lasts for life after the gun's 1 year, and it covers everything including shipping, as well as outright replacement in the event a repair fails to fix the problem. Cost: $22.50.

So I stuck with the Rio Grande. Thanks for everybody's help.