Rossi Lifetime Repair Policy?

Rossi's latest and past big game rifle based on the 336 frame!
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Re: Rossi Lifetime Repair Policy?

Post by pricedo »

G8R8U2 wrote: Davidsons, Taurus, and my LGS collaborated on that excellent service.
That was probably your "leverage" right there.
Gun manufacturers will think twice before "offending" a big gun dealer like Davidsons.
Glad it worked out for you. :mrgreen:
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Maximumbob54
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Maximumbob54 »

Maybe if I buy online I need to start shopping from Davidson's.
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

Sounds like a solid plan.
Shows you how "nice" Rossi can be if they want to be.
Unfortunately most of us plebes don't carry as big a stick as Davidsons so they just blow us off.
For sight unseen Internet sales you're best to go with a dealer that backs the products they sell with real tangible post sale support (like Davidsons).
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
G8R8U2

Post by G8R8U2 »

pricedo wrote:
G8R8U2 wrote: Davidsons, Taurus, and my LGS collaborated on that excellent service.
That was probably your "leverage" right there.
Gun manufacturers will think twice before "offending" a big gun dealer like Davidsons.
Glad it worked out for you. :mrgreen:
Right, Davidsons has a lifetime repair or replace warranty on all their guns, and fortunately I had bought this particular gun from a gun show vendor whose dealer was Davidsons... and I still got a steal on the gun to begin with.

I also got one of my revolvers through Davidsons, but it has never failed me, so I had never tested the Davidsons warranty before. Very pleasantly surprised to say the least. When I called Taurus they wanted the serial number because they wanted to follow up on the gun after Davidsons sent it back to them.

I have to say, Taurus went out of their way to make sure that not only was I a satisfied customer, but they wanted to track the pistol and get to the bottom of the problem regardless, for future reference I'm sure. Very impressed.

I got the rifle through Bud's when they were having a huge sale back on 11-26 (I hope I'm not breaking any rules by naming dealers in my own experiences), and their $22 extended warranty is essentially the same as Davidsons.

But I got the rifle at such a great price (no tax, free shipping) that even with the $22 warranty and transfer fee, it was still $60 - $120 less than anywhere else on the net that had 1 in stock.

Anyway, I feel much better about the buy; and I may be overreacting about the need for a warranty in the 1st place, but firearms are 1 of those things I prefer safe and painless to sorry and migraine-afflicted. I'm pretty mechanically inclined, but apprehensive about doing too much work on products with so much potential for disaster.

Thanks again; I'll be sure to update and post pics after I've picked it up and sent some lead down range.
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

G8R8U2 wrote:
I have to say, Taurus went out of their way to make sure that not only was I a satisfied customer, but they wanted to track the pistol and get to the bottom of the problem regardless, for future reference I'm sure. Very impressed.
No doubt because Davidsons was involved.
Just like walking into a normally rowdy bar with Mike Tyson..........if everybody is treating you politely & with respect you know it isn't because of you. :mrgreen:
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
R.Ph. 380

Post by R.Ph. 380 »

G8R8U2 wrote:the retailer, who I've done business with before, did offer an extended warranty that lasts for life after the gun's 1 year, and it covers everything including shipping, as well as outright replacement in the event a repair fails to fix the problem. Cost: $22.50.

So I stuck with the Rio Grande. Thanks for everybody's help.
That's the beauty of the Davidson's guarantee. If there's anything wrong even after the manufacturer's warranty period. It's a complete replacement. Love my Davidson's guns.

Bill