Accept, adapt & move on ...

Rossi's latest and past big game rifle based on the 336 frame!
rzavaleta

Accept, adapt & move on ...

Post by rzavaleta »

Got my RG4570B back from repair. It feeds better and isn't chewing brass anymore. The screws still shake loose at each shooting session. I'm considering putting them in the freezer, then screwing them in cold. Maybe ... Maybe not. Otherwise, it's gonna be locktite time. I have made the stretch and added a Magnum Research BFR in .45-70 to the "family". That thing's a BEAST! But it's a FUN beast! I've always wanted a levergun/revolver pair in the same caliber!

One well-placed round is worth 20 spray-and-pray.
ONE well-placed round beats a whole bunch of "spray & pray" any day!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Accept, adapt & move on ...

Post by Ranch Dog »

rzavaleta wrote:Got my RG4570B back from repair. It feeds better and isn't chewing brass anymore. The screws still shake loose at each shooting session. I'm considering putting them in the freezer, then screwing them in cold. Maybe ... Maybe not. Otherwise, it's gonna be locktite time. I have made the stretch and added a Magnum Research BFR in .45-70 to the "family". That thing's a BEAST! But it's a FUN beast! I've always wanted a levergun/revolver pair in the same caliber!
Yeap, seems like it is time for Loctite if they are coming out that quick. I would start by applying it with a toothpick.
That is not a pair that I would have come up with for a rifle/revolver combo! +corn

Please keep us posted on your shooting after the Loctite and that revolver!
Michael
rzavaleta

Re: Accept, adapt & move on ...

Post by rzavaleta »

Ranch Dog,

The MRI BFR .45-70 is fun! If your idea of fun is a handgun that will rock you back on your heels and make the other shooters at the range peek around to see who's makin' all that racket, that is! My biggest challenge right now is conquering my flinch reflex! :roll:

You know what they say .... Practice, practice! +guns +guns
ONE well-placed round beats a whole bunch of "spray & pray" any day!