Ranch Hand getting sent back to factory

Rossi's short stocked carbine for the working ranch hand!
jh45gun

Ranch Hand getting sent back to factory

Post by jh45gun »

:( I have to call them today. The screw keeps backing out above the loading gate. It fell out last night while and I moved the lever with out knowing it fell out and the gun will now only lever about an inch so something moved. Found the screw and put that in an envelope. The threads look odd on the screw maybe that was the issue. I am going to ask them to get the gun shooting POI while there also and replace the rear sight I had to adjust to get it to shoot POA.
Last edited by jh45gun on 14 Mar 2013 17:56, edited 1 time in total.
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Re: Ranch Hand getting sent back to factory

Post by pricedo »

jh45gun wrote: I am going to ask them to get the gun shooting POI while there also and replace the rear sight I had to adjust to get it to shoot POI.
Good luck with that. Image
I hope it happens but I wouldn't hold my breath.
+corn +corn
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

jh45gun wrote::( I have to call them today. The screw keeps backing out above the loading gate. It fell out last night while and I moved the lever with out knowing it fell out and the gun will now only lever about an inch so something moved. Found the screw and put that in an envelope. The threads look odd on the screw maybe that was the issue. I am going to ask them to get the gun shooting POI while there also and replace the rear sight I had to adjust to get it to shoot POI.
That would be the Cartridge Guide Screw. There are just a couple threads on the screw as there isn't much "meat" on the guides. It does not thread through the receiver, it just passed through it. This is a screw that could receive some LocTite.
Michael
Deleted User 547

Post by Deleted User 547 »

+1 on the loctite. Blue would do the trick. No need to send it back to the factory for a screw. Also is the rifle shooting poi now?
jh45gun

Post by jh45gun »

prsman23 wrote:+1 on the loctite. Blue would do the trick. No need to send it back to the factory for a screw. Also is the rifle shooting poi now?
Got to send it back the gun is jammed with the screw out of there when I moved the lever. I moved the lever not knowing the screw was popped out again. Evidently something moved because you can see metal in the hole now. Like I said something moved and I do not know enough about the guns working to try to mess with it. Especially when the factory will fix it.

Update! I called this morning. They emailed me shipping label instructions for Fed Ex to print out a shipping label to send it back. The Customer service Rep said it could take up to 12 weeks. Normally it would be 8 weeks but since they are going to get it shooting POA (Which is what I should have said in my earlier post instead of POI) So it will go back and let the waiting games begin.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

jh45gun wrote:..I do not know enough about the guns working to try to mess with it. Especially when the factory will fix it.
I understand. Let us know when it comes back and how it performs!
Michael
jh45gun

Post by jh45gun »

Ranch Dog wrote:
jh45gun wrote:..I do not know enough about the guns working to try to mess with it. Especially when the factory will fix it.
I understand. Let us know when it comes back and how it performs!

Will do when I told him about the gun being jammed up after the screw fell out again he said just send it back and we will take care of the shipping which they did. Went to the library and printed out a label since my printer is out of ink. Package is all ready to go. Waiting now for the Fed Ex driver to pick it up.
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

prsman23 wrote:+1 on the loctite. Blue would do the trick. No need to send it back to the factory for a screw. Also is the rifle shooting poi now?
A rifle is always shooting POI (point of impact ...... where the bullet strikes the target).
The trick is to get it to shoot POA (point of aim......where you want the bullet to strike).
Ideally in most cases you want the POI & POA to be the same point.
Not trying to be a smarty-pants or obtuse.
This is a perfect illustration why I refrain from the use of acronyms & jargon especially when dealing with people new to the sport ..........most times they just confuse things.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Deleted User 547

Post by Deleted User 547 »

I was having a bit of fun :-)
jh45gun

Post by jh45gun »

pricedo wrote:
A rifle is always shooting POI (point of impact ...... where the bullet strikes the target).
The trick is to get it to shoot POA (point of aim......where you want the bullet to strike).
Ideally in most cases you want the POI & POA to be the same point.
Not trying to be a smarty-pants or obtuse.
This is a perfect illustration why I refrain from the use of acronyms & jargon especially when dealing with people new to the sport ..........most times they just confuse things.

IF you notice I changed my terminology to POA I was tired and frustrated when I wrote POI instead of POA. I got to admit Customer service was quick to get me a shipping label sent by email for Fed Ex. Now we wait.